+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

As announced at last night's fixture, coming to Cardiff in 2019.

https://homelessworldcup.org/cardiff...ess-world-cup/

Re: Homeless World Cup coming to Cardiff

A lot of the fans have already arrived judging by St Mary's/Queen Street.

That will suggest Cardiff is the homeless capital of the World. Not good publicity methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    That will suggest Cardiff is the homeless capital of the World. Not good publicity methinks.
    This will be its 17th edition. Has been hosted all over the world including Glasgow previously.

Representing your country in the homeless world cup !!!!

Homeless - Travel the world playing football !!!!

Sorry but can't seem to wrap my head around the "Homeless World Cup"

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Representing your country in the homeless world cup !!!!

Homeless - Travel the world playing football !!!!

Sorry but can't seem to wrap my head around the "Homeless World Cup"
    They have a website which is very easy to find if you'd like to find out more.

A scroungers convention then

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    They have a website which is very easy to find if you'd like to find out more.
    Been on the website - Offers No explanation

Like I said can't get my head around someone who lives on the street - No home - No Job - goes football training week in and week out then gets to represent ones country !!!!!

Or am I so far off the point that's its ridiculous?

Quote Originally Posted by SABlue View Post
    Been on the website - Offers No explanation

Like I said can't get my head around someone who lives on the street - No home - No Job - goes football training week in and week out then gets to represent ones country !!!!!

Or am I so far off the point that's its ridiculous?
    Announcer at game last night kept referring to the “Omeless” World Cup. Thought that was something different??

Assume there will be no drug testing

All this complaining, can’t see what the big issue is myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Assume there will be no drug testing
    Might be worth watching then.

It's just a ridiculous thing to go with everything else.

How long till we see the prison world cup, the gender fluid world cup, the lesbian world cup, the mixed race world cup.

Just a ridiculous and pointless event.

Who is going to watch it? Who is paying for it? What is the point?

Hers is a link to Street Football Wales,http://www.streetfootballwales.com/home.html
    They provide the players for both Welsh men’s and women’s teams for the Homeless World Cup.I have been involved with them in recent years by taking a team from the organisation I work for to their monthly match days.One of my service users went to Chile a few years ago, and another is going to Mexico this year.It’s easy to make fun, but have a look at the website and see the difference this can make to someone’s life.And believe me, the event,when it comes to Cardiff will be fantastic.

It's just a ridiculous thing to go with everything else.

How long till we see the prison world cup, the gender fluid world cup, the lesbian world cup, the mixed race world cup.

Just a ridiculous and pointless event.

Who is going to watch it? Who is paying for it? What is the point?
    Perhaps you should get the answers to those questions before calling it ridiculous and pointless.

Why on earth are you comparing homeless people to lesbians and mixed race people?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Foxton View Post
    Hers is a link to Street Football Wales,http://www.streetfootballwales.com/home.html
    They provide the players for both Welsh men’s and women’s teams for the Homeless World Cup.I have been involved with them in recent years by taking a team from the organisation I work for to their monthly match days.One of my service users went to Chile a few years ago, and another is going to Mexico this year.It’s easy to make fun, but have a look at the website and see the difference this can make to someone’s life.And believe me, the event,when it comes to Cardiff will be fantastic.
    I can understand the benefits of a football scheme.

What I can't understand is how much money is being paid for accommodation travel organisation which must be better spent elsewhere especially in less developed countries?

How much will I need to get a cup of tea at the event?

Only kidding - looks like it is a worthwhile event.

They largely self fund the trips via sponsorship,don’t worry you won’t be troubled to fund it yourself as a taxpayer.
    This was supposed to be a reply to Mazadona

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Perhaps you should get the answers to those questions before calling it ridiculous and pointless.

Why on earth are you comparing homeless people to lesbians and mixed race people?
    Feel free to fill me in?

I'm certainly not comparing them, It's just there are so much of grouping together minorities for another event of which I can see no point.

Does that mean "football coming home "

They largely self fund the trips via sponsorship,don’t worry you won’t be troubled to fund it yourself as a taxpayer.
    This was supposed to be a reply to Mazadona
    Surely sponsorship into longer term inniatives would be far more beneficial. In where there would be an actual benefit

Surely sponsorship into longer term inniatives would be far more beneficial. In where there would be an actual benefit
    If you look at the website, you should be able to decipher the long term benefits to the people involved.I think you’re just looking to be negative about it,and that’s fine, I’m not going to bother trying to sell it to you.

The World Cup is a focal point for broader and longer term initiatives. It attracts media profile and therefore sponsors. There are over 70 local, grassroots projects linked to it.

I think you’re pissing against the wind with this one Baloo

I think you’re pissing against the wind with this one Baloo
    I became interested as one of my relatives has worked with the Cardiff City Foundation. Playing football may seem trivial but the discipline and teamwork can really help people with various challenges gain the self-respect and confidence to start turning things around for themselves.