+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabalphaville View Post
    Do you the think the Welsh invited the English to rule over them? And do you think the English built a bunch of castles because they thought they'd look aesthetically pleasing in the future?
    Henry VII was Welsh.

Re: Slowed down or speeded up, the Welsh national anthem should be scrapped altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott David View Post
    Henry VII was Welsh.
    and? longshanks ordered the building of the castles to subjugate the welsh, long time before henry the 7th

Quote Originally Posted by Packerman View Post
    and? longshanks ordered the building of the castles to subjugate the welsh, long time before henry the 7th
    Do you feel subjugated? How?

Henry VII was Welsh.
    He was born around 200 years after the English conquered Wales and made it a principality.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    He was born around 200 years after the English conquered Wales and made it a principality.
    Do you think we're an occupied people?

Do you think we're an occupied people?
    What a bizarre, non-sequitur question.

For reasons best known to yourself you brought up Henry VII in response to someone mentioning castles. I merely pointed out that he was born some 200 years after those castles were built. I.e your response to that poster was illogical.

In turn you respond with a different, and totally random question.

It really is pointless trying to debate with someone who, when losing an argument, simply moves the goalposts. Or in your case, turns them into a basketball hoop.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    What a bizarre, non-sequitur question.

For reasons best known to yourself you brought up Henry VII in response to someone mentioning castles. I merely pointed out that he was born some 200 years after those castles were built. I.e your response to that poster was illogical.

In turn you respond with a different, and totally random question.

It really is pointless trying to debate with someone who, when losing an argument, simply moves the goalposts. Or in your case, turns them into a basketball hoop.
    My argument was made in the original post. Read the chronology of the thread correctly please. The comment about castles came after my response not before it.

double post