+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Six decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City matches.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Six decades of Cardiff City v Bristol City matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I'm wondering now if the second picture is of who e Bay says it is, he's a bit before my time so I can't say for certain it is him and I would have thought you or cardiff 55 would have got him.

70s, Wimshurst is correct.

80s. There's always a risk involved when using the word "unique" like I did in this question, because there's always the chance something else that could be termed that way also happened in the time frame specified, but Jimmy McInch scored in a League Cup tie a few months after the game I referred to in 1974 - there's something else I had in mind when setting the question.
    The second picture doesn't look much like any City players who scored against Bristol City during the 60's so thought it must be one of the own goal gang. I've no idea what Peter McCall looks like but it doesn't really look like the other 60's member Gordon Low either. Would plump for him though as a hopeful second choice.

80's requires much more meditation !

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    The second picture doesn't look much like any City players who scored against Bristol City during the 60's so thought it must be one of the own goal gang. I've no idea what Peter McCall looks like but it doesn't really look like the other 60's member Gordon Low either. Would plump for him though as a hopeful second choice.

80's requires much more meditation !
    There's a reason why I did not say what decade those two players scored against Bristol City! One of them played for us in the 60s, but didn't score his goal against Bristol in that decade.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    There's a reason why I did not say what decade those two players scored against Bristol City! One of them played for us in the 60s, but didn't score his goal against Bristol in that decade.
    Ah - then maybe Johnny Watkins

Quote Originally Posted by BINGE THINKING View Post
    Ah - then maybe Johnny Watkins
    Yes!