+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Booing - "God save the Queen"

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Banter!

(Interesting that fewer NI players sang along to GSTQ than Welsh players to HWFN)
    Why would they, it doesn't reflect their, or the managers identity. It should be binned asap and replaced with something more appropriate to all...Until then boo it loud and proud.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilkers View Post
    Why would they, it doesn't reflect their, or the managers identity. It should be binned asap and replaced with something more appropriate to all...Until then boo it loud and proud.
    Disagree with this comment-having served in NI I can assure you that it means a great deal to many of them.

Do we boo the Japanese/German/Argentinian/Éire anthems with such vigour or at all? Totally disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by DP1 View Post
    Disagree with this comment-having served in NI I can assure you that it means a great deal to many of them.

Do we boo the Japanese/German/Argentinian/Éire anthems with such vigour or at all? Totally disrespectful.
    It's a country that's reached a demographic tipping point, quite possibly the majority now have very little or no affinity with the English royal family and many chose to support the republic instead....The Irish rugby union got it right by adopting Ireland's call, a unifying anthem free of any of the sectarian/political allegiances of either of the two official national anthems. It sends a message that all are welcome regardless of religious creed or how people perceive the contentious issues that surround Irelands pretty fuked anomalies regarding national identity , the ifa could learn a lesson..
    Last edited by Pilkers; 25-03-16 at 10:59.

So you will know that GSTQ only represents half the community?

Richyrich

You do realise a lot of Welsh support the Éire side of things? With them being Celts and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    You do realise a lot of Welsh support the Éire side of things? With them being Celts and all.
    Really? - think the Guinness angle would have more strength

Richyrich

Yeah really.

Quote Originally Posted by Richyrich View Post
    Yeah really.

If that is your opinion - certainly not mine

Richyrich

If that is your opinion - certainly not mine
    I never said it was yours. I said a lot of Welsh.