Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: That front 4 today

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Mendez laing
    Reid
    Murphy
    Zohore

Is that the first time we have seen them together?

Would we have ever seen them together had we needed something today?

Surely that attacking unit with decent back up (hoilet etc) is good enough to be competitive in the championship?

I know everyone is saying we need to move away from warnock and employee someone who wants us to play like paul trollope wanted us to- but i think we do have some players who can entertain. I look forward to seeing them next season. My biggest regret is the fulham and palace games which we just did not show for. Neil should have backed what got us here.
    I don't think anyone has been asking for someone to get us playing like Trollope did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think anyone has been asking for someone to get us playing like Trollope did.
    Well not by naming him- but the style he tried to implement (remember the 2 number 10s and kadeem harris as a wing back?) is the kind of thing people are asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Well not by naming him- but the style he tried to implement (remember the 2 number 10s and kadeem harris as a wing back?) is the kind of thing people are asking for.
    Really? I just thought some fans want to see us keep the ball a bit better and show a little more flair, rather than hoof the ball forward most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Really? I just thought some fans want to see us keep the ball a bit better and show a little more flair, rather than hoof the ball forward most of the time.
    Yup, that's certainly the case from my point of view.

Yup, that's certainly the case from my point of view.
    We did that today as well, we actually tried to play with the 3 behind the striker. We can do it, I just hope we see more of it next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    We did that today as well, we actually tried to play with the 3 behind the striker. We can do it, I just hope we see more of it next season.
    Agree, especially in the first half, we actually had players making runs which opened the game up and it gave us options, that's been lacking on so many occasions this season, i've actually felt sorry for our midfield at times as they've had to stick to that rigid three in the middle. We took it to them and we also defended well. What i did notice is that our defending looked a little more composed, maybe it was because they had that little more space infront of them. Moment of the day for me was Manga taking the piss in the first half, he was a lucky boy to get away with it. On a more serious note, maybe we should've played a bit more like that throughout the season, we did it against Wolves and to a lesser degree at Leicester away.

Agree, especially in the first half, we actually had players making runs which opened the game up and it gave us options, that's been lacking on so many occasions this season, i've actually felt sorry for our midfield at times as they've had to stick to that rigid three in the middle. We took it to them and we also defended well. What i did notice is that our defending looked a little more composed, maybe it was because they had that little more space infront of them. Moment of the day for me was Manga taking the piss in the first half, he was a lucky boy to get away with it. On a more serious note, maybe we should've played a bit more like that throughout the season, we did it against Wolves and to a lesser degree at Leicester away.
    I was laughing afterwards but if we'd conceeded then, I would have been fuming and Warnock would have killed him.

I thoroughly enjoyed Pogba falling over too. Reid really impressed again, he actually shows movement off the ball. He's going to be such a big player for us next season.