+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Queers and the BBC

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Queers and the BBC

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Now you see my issue is that to my mind such programmes, gay pride marches etc merely promote the fact that gay people are somehow different to the rest of us. They're not. They're just man/women/non-binary/whatever the correct term is this week.

Frankly what some bloke does at home with his boyfriend matters to me as much as what some other bloke does at home with his girlfriend. i.e Not at all.

We live in a society today where being gay is legal and acceptable, so why the need to celebrate ones sexuality? There may be some agenda with which I am unfamiliar, but surely the best way to be accepted as "normal" is to behave normally?
    We live in a society where being gay is legal and more acceptable than it was - but I know from the experiences of close friends and family that it is not acceptable to a lot of people, and there is still discrimination and violence against those whose sexuality is still seen by some as unnatural or deviant. Until that changes there is a need for pride marches - to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    We live in a society where being gay is legal and more acceptable than it was - but I know from the experiences of close friends and family that it is not acceptable to a lot of people, and there is still discrimination and violence against those whose sexuality is still seen by some as unnatural or deviant. Until that changes there is a need for pride marches - to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity.
    I tend to agree with TH63 on this one.

Until that changes there is a need for pride marches - to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity.
    I posted a few years back about this, a work colleague of my wifes went to a " pride march "
    he wore a leopard print thong and a feather boa ( if my memory is right ) and minced around the entire day

i asked " why the need to go over the top with the mincing ? ? "

we know you are gay, you really do not need to wear such a " outfit to shock " and that is all it was, a outfit to shock, it had nothing to do with being gay

if you are gay, get on with it, no need to shout " look at me, look at me " which brings me to the little Britain sketch, they went overboard with it, but it was acceptable because Lucas is gay ? ? ?

are " pride marches " really to " to challenge the abuse and discrimination, and for mutual support and solidarity " or are they designed to shout " look at me being gay " ? ? ?

Oh and the term " mincing " is not meant to be a derogatory term ( though i can predict a few who will take offence at it ) , we all know the over the top campness that some gays act like

In that case, fair enough I guess. I had thought we'd moved on to be honest.

Perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    Perfectly said.
    I have found homophobic people to be in the dirty river in Africa hense their over reaction to something that does not matter