+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The end of Ken Livingstone

Re: The end of Ken Livingstone

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ive got nothing to give up mate - I just find politicians and their hypocritical opinions some what annoying, however RJK - I would have a guess if this was Johnson you would be all over it like a rash but as it is someone of your political area - you want to stick you head in sand and hope it goes away.

Youre right though - I'll move on but I'll remind you of that every time you voice a left wing opinion on here though.
    Johnson is an interesting (interesting in the sense that it is probably the single worst one you could choose) example to pick as he has said many many dubious things over the years but never ever has he come under the scrutiny that Livingstone and Khan have in recent weeks.

Anyway, it really is the weakest argument. You can't find an actual example of hypocrisy so you invent one and say 'well you would say different if it was xxxxx'.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Are you off the meds this week? I am sure just a few weeks ago you were massively opposed to this politically correct culture where no one can say a word without being suspended for offending or upsetting people, where every slightly misplaced word is jumped upon. Now you revel in it.

I'm sorry my on topic post upset you so much.

Yeah it really annoys me that Johnson is allowed to get away with his dubious comments. The only reason why Cameron recently came under attack is because he is in favour of staying in the EU. The media is so right wing and hypocritical. It is time Labour started hitting back at the Tories and challenged Johnson on some of the things he has said in the past. The press won't do it for them.

Quote Originally Posted by goslow View Post
    I'm sorry my on topic post upset you so much.
    I find you inconsistent but not upsetting.

The trouble is Eric Labour are far too soft. They should be hammering Cameron for his use of the word "swarm" in reference to human beings fleeing their worn torn countries. Johnson has gotten away with referring to people in commonwealth countries being "piccaninies'" with "watermelon smiles". He then made reference to Obama's Kenyan background and his apparent dislike of the British Empire because of his ancestry. They should be smashing into the Tories and fighting back.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    The trouble is Eric Labour are far too soft. They should be hammering Cameron for his use of the word "swarm" in reference to human beings fleeing their worn torn countries. Johnson has gotten away with referring to people in commonwealth countries being "piccaninies'" with "watermelon smiles". He then made reference to Obama's Kenyan background and his apparent dislike of the British Empire because of his ancestry. They should be smashing into the Tories and fighting back.
    I agree with you totally on this point Pearcey but the problem is how?

All you state were reported at the time but in a minimalist fashion and rarely lasted more than a day. The majority of the MSM quickly moved on to other matters particularly if there was an anti Labour or Corbyn angle.

A classic is the current C4 investigation into possible election fraud by the Conservative party at the election last year. The Daily Politics has briefly covered it (Andrew Neil ripped Grant Schapps a new one over it today) but where else does it feature? Can you imagine if the accusation was against Labour?!!

So I don't think it's primarily Labour being soft but they do need to find a way of getting their viewpoints into the press. The demise of the dead tree press cannot come soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I agree with you totally on this point Pearcey but the problem is how?

All you state were reported at the time but in a minimalist fashion and rarely lasted more than a day. The majority of the MSM quickly moved on to other matters particularly if there was an anti Labour or Corbyn angle.

A classic is the current C4 investigation into possible election fraud by the Conservative party at the election last year. The Daily Politics has briefly covered it (Andrew Neil ripped Grant Schapps a new one over it today) but where else does it feature? Can you imagine if the accusation was against Labour?!!

So I don't think it's primarily Labour being soft but they do need to find a way of getting their viewpoints into the press. The demise of the dead tree press cannot come soon enough.
    Totally agree mate. I look forward to the day when the press is dead. However we are supposed to live in a democracy and it doesn't feel like it. The media need to be careful here particularly the BBC which seems to be getting more right wing by the day. They don't have to follow the press right wing agenda of hammering Corbyn and sweeping the Tories racism under the carpet. They need to be more objective.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Johnson got hammered for his stance comments on Liverpool, and choose to shut up PDQ, whereas Ken decided to hawk himself around every available media outlet looking for an interview. Im not sure you really want to put the treatment of Liverpool fans and those anti Semitic comments in the same 'ball park' - or are they one and the same ?

ps - there is no such thing as fair press only a free press. People on the right tend to read right leaning newspapers and people on the left go to the Guardian / Mirror etc. They are unlikely to change their minds - so not not worth bothering with.

UK politics is all about the middle ground - the odd 10-15% of the population that can swing certain parliamentary seats.

With the rise and rise of social media for news - the paper press becomes much less relevant
    Agree with you to an extent but the press are still setting the agenda and as it is predominantly right wing we receive a very unbalanced account

https://www.facebook.com/chriscookbb...1491352316512/

Please do watch this video, great interview of Hoawrd Jacobson by Chris Cook of the BBC. Answers some question posed in this thread

Totally agree mate. I look forward to the day when the press is dead. However we are supposed to live in a democracy and it doesn't feel like it. The media need to be careful here particularly the BBC which seems to be getting more right wing by the day. They don't have to follow the press right wing agenda of hammering Corbyn and sweeping the Tories racism under the carpet. They need to be more objective.
    The BBC have been cowed by this government and know that they have to be very careful not to upset them too much.

Osbourne hitting them with the cost of free TV licences for the over 75's was a warning shot - be very careful or we'll destroy you.

It looks like the next assault will be on popular Saturday night programmes. No doubt this is the second warning shot.

The government need to butt out of the BBC completely. It's the main source of news to most people hence why the Tories keep a very close eye on it.

Banned

Deflection.

I've just submitted s complaint to the BBC about their bias towards the Tory party. Kuensberg has barely uttered a word about the Tory General Election police investigation into their over spending. It should be a main story but is ignored. I have asked that they refer to Johnson as right wing as they are fond of referencing Corbyn as left wing

Banned

I've just submitted s complaint to the BBC about their bias towards the Tory party. Kuensberg has barely uttered a word about the Tory General Election police investigation into their over spending. It should be a main story but is ignored. I have asked that they refer to Johnson as right wing as they are fond of referencing Corbyn as left wing

:
    Last edited by goslow; 05-05-16 at 05:46.

Banned

One of momentums leading Brownshirts has been suspended.

One of momentums leading Brownshirts has been suspended.
    Labour activist Jackie Walker has issued a statement regarding her suspension from the party over alleged anti-Semitic Facebook posts. Read our full story here. She said.

I have been an active anti-racist trainer and campaigner for years, often in all white communities and in the most vulnerable situations. I have been spat at and beaten by racists. I have marched against the fascists, defended minorities, am of Jewish descent as is my partner. If they can do this to me they can do it to anyone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36050790

Thick racist gets Polling day mixed up with Poland day

http://i.imgur.com/0GGGEkY.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Labour activist Jackie Walker has issued a statement regarding her suspension from the party over alleged anti-Semitic Facebook posts. Read our full story here. She said.

I have been an active anti-racist trainer and campaigner for years, often in all white communities and in the most vulnerable situations. I have been spat at and beaten by racists. I have marched against the fascists, defended minorities, am of Jewish descent as is my partner. If they can do this to me they can do it to anyone

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-36050790
    If she was suspended for the posts in the screenshot in the article then labour are completely losing their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    If she was suspended for the posts in the screenshot in the article then labour are completely losing their shit.
    I agree.

Attachment 288

Blog Entries

It never will while we are still in the EU. (sorry, couldn't stop myself)

It's funny that you see them bias towards the Tory party because I see so many people say it's the other way around, truth is they will do and say anything that fits the agenda at the time, google various terms about them being bias and you will see what I mean, they are a just a bunch of liars, fullstop.
    http://biasedbbc.org/

:
    Yeah I know it's a bit sad but I don't pay my licence fee to listen to a lot of wannabe Goslows wanking off over Boris Johnson, the Queen and and Winston Churchill every five minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

It's funny that you see them bias towards the Tory party because I see so many people say it's the other way around, truth is they will do and say anything that fits the agenda at the time, google various terms about them being bias and you will see what I mean, they are a just a bunch of liars, fullstop.
    Everyone thinks the BBC is biased, always against their own opinion.

Banned

Yeah I know it's a bit sad but I don't pay my licence fee to listen to a lot of wannabe Goslows wanking off over Boris Johnson, the Queen and and Winston Churchill every five minutes

I expect you'd be quite happy having a wank over jeremy corbyn,joseph stalin and tony benn every five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Hmmm - seems I deleted the attachment by mistake.

_89597403_jacquelinewalker1.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-36203911
    Last edited by jon1959; 05-05-16 at 14:42.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlue View Post
    Everyone thinks the BBC is biased, always against their own opinion.
    You know what I think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post

What a strange little site that is!!

Basically, anyone who has a beef about anything and feels that the BBC hasn't covered it adequately to suit their own bias accuses the BBC of being biased.

Have I got that right?