+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calling all computer geniuses, like the colonelLa

Banned

Calling all computer geniuses, like the colonelLa

Lads, I need to submit a risk assessment and method statement for a big job.
    Cant be arsed to write one and I cant seem to find a generic one off tinternet that I like.
    Now after being a foreman for a few companies over the years Ive sifted through emails and found one from a company I used to work for, its totally relevant but about 100 pages long.

So, I opened the word doc in one drive, changed the name of the company to my company and saved it.
    Its a good job I checked it cos at the bottom of each facking page is a line saying "copyright (the old company name)".

Is there any way to delete them? They are not there in edit mode, they just appear in the final product. aarrghh.

Re: Calling all computer geniuses, like the colonelLa

Just print them off and slap a bit of tippex on the footer.

They'll never know you haven't bothered to think through a risk assessment or tell them how you would do the job.

They probably think it's health and safety, or political correctness, or woolly liberalism or cultural marxism (delete as required) gone mad too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just print them off and slap a bit of tippex on the footer.

They'll never know you haven't bothered to think through a risk assessment or tell them how you would do the job.

They probably think it's health and safety, or political correctness, or woolly liberalism or cultural marxism (delete as required) gone mad too.
    I need to send this electronically. if the worst comes to the worst, ill have to pay someone to write it out for me.

Copy docs contents and paste into new word doc?

Copy it in parts not the whole doc

I would totally trust this man with my safety.

When TBG finds out that you're infringing copyright, he's going to go absolutely mental.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    When TBG finds out that you're infringing copyright, he's going to go absolutely mental.
    Bit late for that?

Quote Originally Posted by nugent View Post
    I need to send this electronically. if the worst comes to the worst, ill have to pay someone to write it out for me.
    Do the above and then scan the pages in and send it as 100 individual image files.

Try double clicking on the bit at the bottom of page it may enable that particular line to be deleted/edited. It may be a 'header footnote' thing.
    Spedger

Why don't you ask the other company how to delete them? They should know as they made the document. Or maybe they'll email you a copy without the copyright bits for you to use.

Just change our company name to something very similar to the other company, they probably won't notice.

Banned

Thanks chap. Done that and it deleted them all in one go.
    I owe you a pint.

Cant be arsed to write one and I cant seem to find a generic one off tinternet that I like.
    Now after being a foreman for a few companies over the years Ive sifted through emails and found one from a company I used to work for, its totally relevant but about 100 pages long.

So, I opened the word doc in one drive, changed the name of the company to my company and saved it.
    Its a good job I checked it cos at the bottom of each facking page is a line saying "copyright (the old company name)".

Is there any way to delete them? They are not there in edit mode, they just appear in the final product. aarrghh.

I can send you Risk Analysis and Method Statements in word format so you can edit, you can also delete if you think they are shite pm me your email ID

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Just change our company name to something very similar to the other company, they probably won't notice.

I really did do something similar, I took over some work from a guy moving back to Australia, he wanted 3 K for the contracts ( fair enough ), i then started doing the work and some of the companies said if i had taken over the contract would have to go out to re-tender, bad news, i had just spent 3 K on them

so i had the idea i would just take his company over

he wanted 5 K for for it ( which was a silly amount ) keep in mind he was moving back to Australia and it wouldnt be used in the UK, I know he saw a way to make a extra 5 K, which was steep as we were mates

so i just set-up a company that was similar

his was " Blah Blah window cleaning services "

I set-up " Blag Blah cleaning services "

the contracts didnt notice it, i saved 5 K and everyone was happy

Have you considered that within the 100 odd pages it might reference the other company again outside of the header and footer.

you will find a generic one online, just alter the risks and MS to suit what you do

send it to them

then when the H&S person from the company looks over it, see'ing buts need changing to please him / her, they will e.mail you and ask you to change / add this and that, in the past i have even had them send me one they have done to sign ( they do very little in the terms of work and like to look busy, so they are normally happy to help )

Quote Originally Posted by dave jones attacking sub View Post
    Have you considered that within the 100 odd pages it might reference the other company again outside of the header and footer.

Surely no fecker reads them?