+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Player Ratings according to WOL

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Player Ratings according to WOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Bulut doesn't rate Colwill. He brought in the bloke from celtic to replace him. Colwill is lucky in respect that Robinson, Ramsey and Celtic bloke have either been shit or injured or both, as he'd be knowhere near it (And that's Bulut, Not me)
    I think he has Colwill ahead of Robinson

What's mad about Turnbull is we've gone out and spent £2m on a player who is guilty of everything that Bulut had a go at Robinson & Colwill for. He's slow, he offers little defensively and he can't press at all. There was one point yesterday where Matt Grimes, hardly a speedster, overtook him to reach the ball despite Turnbull having a good 8 yard head start

I have no idea what Bulut's doing tbh. I've said previously that there's no clear plan at all for how we play and yesterday confirmed it. Swansea had a clear plan where they were trying to isolate the wingers against our full backs, what on earth were we trying to achieve? We have this bizarre mix of players who can't play the same way as each other, some who want to play physically, some who want to play slower tempo football and it all breaks down.

Hopefully we give Joel Colwill, Ashford and some of the other u21s some games for the rest of the season, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Bowler & Grant started each of the remaining games

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

What's mad about Turnbull is we've gone out and spent £2m on a player who is guilty of everything that Bulut had a go at Robinson & Colwill for. He's slow, he offers little defensively and he can't press at all. There was one point yesterday where Matt Grimes, hardly a speedster, overtook him to reach the ball despite Turnbull having a good 8 yard head start
    Yes , totally agree and a good point. I noticed that when Grimes easily over took him, I don’t get what he adds over and above Colwill who is much more creative going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

I have no idea what Bulut's doing tbh. I've said previously that there's no clear plan at all for how we play and yesterday confirmed it. Swansea had a clear plan where they were trying to isolate the wingers against our full backs, what on earth were we trying to achieve? We have this bizarre mix of players who can't play the same way as each other, some who want to play physically, some who want to play slower tempo football and it all breaks down.

Hopefully we give Joel Colwill, Ashford and some of the other u21s some games for the rest of the season, but it wouldn't shock me at all if Bowler & Grant started each of the remaining games
    Bang on. For all of the pelters Bowler receives (And most of it justified) he is constantly doubled up on, and he was yesterday. Easy for Swansea as Bowler was constantly trying to turn in on his stronger foot. Bulut is blagging it, he ha one style, one tactic, and he wont really deviate, he reacts. He pushes Colwill on and a central midfield player when we're looking for a goal. The opposition sit back a little and it all looks better because we are allowed possession, because our opponents are saying break us down, and Bulut has reacted (Again) to circumstances when we hould attempt to dictate the play. But we don't. David Marshall was our best player in our first premier league season. Because he had so much to do, he was reacting, he probably would have liked nothing more than to be an observer for the best part, that would have meant that the outfield players are doing their jobs. Bulut is the same, he reacts, we get a goal or a late winner now and again and it masks the dross that has got us in that position in the first place. And then fans say that he got the subs right. No, he reacted for the wrong reasons. Now and then things don't work out, that's fine. Bulut lines up the same most weeks, his players perform the same routine shit most weeks. When we're found out it's difficult for us to recover. And why should we be in a position to recover so often. i give up.