+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Riot in Ely

Re: Riot in Ely

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I can understand why the parents are blaming the Police particularly the way the Police have handled this.Ultimately,the Police didn’t buy this e-bike/scooter and make the young guys ride it illegally. Can someone clear up, at what age, can somebody ride this bikes legally, because if it’s 17,why buy it for their son? Also, if they didn’t hit a bus, as seems to be the case, what did they hit?
    An inquest has been opened, and adjourned, but we're still none the wiser regarding your last question. WalesOnline's article states that the boys died in a collision but without any evidence to back that up.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...crash-27033525

International

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You may not have said you were a tory but you most certainly are

Your disdain for anyone who doesn't live in rhiwbina is perfectly clear
    Nonsense people can live where they like and vote how they like, it's obvious why most of Wales will always be Labour that's what I was replying to.

I have said before I have voted for many parties and never Farage or hard right parties or Corbyn.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He was a hero; he saved many lives. In those circumstances the economy rightly takes a back seat.
    The first lockdown was sensible, it should have been reviewed quicker and hard decisions made, all parties were at fault, but Wales and Scotland made things worse, you'll probably be paying for people not working and sleeping all day i the Sun for the rest of your life.

You can't have it both ways say the economies crap and it's good we locked down for so long Drakeford is a hero and we should have locked down longer, they've made it harder for youngsters.

Biggest issue now is Drakefords stupid reluctance to get people back in offices, unlike in England.

All this investment in the Metro. Who the hell is gonna use it? What will young people do? Sit on their own in their twenties and never meet co workers?

He didn't have a bad pandemic. But the sooner he goes the better for Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The first lockdown was sensible, it should have been reviewed quicker and hard decisions made, all parties were at fault, but Wales and Scotland made things worse, you'll probably be paying for people not working and sleeping all day i the Sun for the rest of your life.

You can't have it both ways say the economies crap and it's good we locked down for so long Drakeford is a hero and we should have locked down longer, they've made it harder for youngsters.
    It saved lives QED

Deja vu. Boy on e bike in Greater Manchester followed by police, killed in collision!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65850704

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Deja vu. Boy on e bike in Greater Manchester followed by police, killed in collision!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65850704
    Very sad situation, as the Ely one was. Odd that the incident seems to have occurred after getting through the bollards which should have meant safety, as happened in Ely.

I've no idea what the answer is here. If the police never follow an e bike ridden by someone without protective gear on then surely that'll give a green light to all sorts of criminal or dangerous behaviour but, of course, these lads don't deserve a death penalty for whatever it was they were doing, or suspected of doing, wrong either.

What's your take on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Very sad situation, as the Ely one was. Odd that the incident seems to have occurred after getting through the bollards which should have meant safety, as happened in Ely.

I've no idea what the answer is here. If the police never follow an e bike ridden by someone without protective gear on then surely that'll give a green light to all sorts of criminal or dangerous behaviour but, of course, these lads don't deserve a death penalty for whatever it was they were doing, or suspected of doing, wrong either.

What's your take on it?
    Same as you. I don’t know what the answer is. I can’t see restrictions on sales working and although safety education sounds OK it would probably only be taken up by the kids who wouldn’t ride in a dangerous way anyhow.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Same as you. I don’t know what the answer is. I can’t see restrictions on sales working and although safety education sounds OK it would probably only be taken up by the kids who wouldn’t ride in a dangerous way anyhow.
    Yes, just as any regulations brought in will be an extra expense and inconvenience to the law-abiding while being ignored by the irresponsible.

Interesting turn of events in Italy where the transport minister (and deputy PM) proposed bringing in all sorts of nonsense, including indicators, for all bikes but has had to do a rapid u-turn within 48 hours and now claims he only intended it for scooters.

https://road.cc/content/news/italian...yclists-301797

How and where do kids get hold of top end 4k bikes ??

They are 14 to 15 of age so not in full time work yet alledgly living on an estate where money is tough to come buy???

Must be an answer out there ?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Let no stone be left unturned

Sort of

I'm not expecting much to come from this, I'm sure you're not either. With the boys' funerals coming up (July 6th, apparently) no one's going to want to rock the boat for now and that statement seems to tick all the right boxes in terms of keeping the peace without really saying anything.

Wales online article here too

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...riots-27113461

Still claiming the boys died in a collision without providing any evidence. Interesting that the IOPC is still appealing for witnesses. There's obviously some confusion about an aspect of this, unless they're just trying to buy themselves some time before having to come to any kind of conclusion. Which won't be easy, to be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I'm not expecting much to come from this, I'm sure you're not either. With the boys' funerals coming up (July 6th, apparently) no one's going to want to rock the boat for now and that statement seems to tick all the right boxes in terms of keeping the peace without really saying anything.

Wales online article here too

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...riots-27113461

Still claiming the boys died in a collision without providing any evidence. Interesting that the IOPC is still appealing for witnesses. There's obviously some confusion about an aspect of this, unless they're just trying to buy themselves some time before having to come to any kind of conclusion. Which won't be easy, to be fair.
    The whole thing is being handled extremely badly and it's another example of keystone cops by South Wales Police

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...=breaking-news

Two arrests and 20 vehicles seized after ride-out to remember teenagers killed in Ely crash

If this is yet another cover up then surely heads should roll

He gets around a bit

He's recently been nicked in Llanelli outside that asylum seekers Hotel

Must have a few quid in the bank

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If this is yet another cover up then surely heads should roll
    I don't think there's talk of cover up is there?

Will be interesting to see how this pans out as surely dangerous driving is part and parcel of chasing after people? I guess it comes down to whether they should have done so or not, which does raise questions for catching criminals

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Will be interesting to see how this pans out as surely dangerous driving is part and parcel of chasing after people? I guess it comes down to whether they should have done so or not, which does raise questions for catching criminals
    Well it's certainly not looking good

International

If people are using these illegal bikes to move drugs and guns around the estates and cities, like they are in Liverpool then surely they have to be chased?

If people are using these illegal bikes to move drugs and guns around the estates and cities, like they are in Liverpool then surely they have to be chased?
    I'd have thought so, yes.

I thought the police stopped chasing these two bikes a few hundred metres before the fatal crash as the police cars turned off down towards Grand Ave

I'd have thought so, yes.

I thought the police stopped chasing these two bikes a few hundred metres before the fatal crash as the police cars turned off down towards Grand Ave
    The problem is .......and why many in the community are pissed off .....is that they have no idea what happened as the police first said no chase too place , oh yes it did and now its possible a copper is going to be charged with dangerous driving !

No cover up ?

International

Back on the news kids stealing and riding and driving these bikes, motorbikes and quads causing chaos and ruining peoples lives, the police should be able to chase and try arrest people breaking the law.

Back on the news kids stealing and riding and driving these bikes, motorbikes and quads causing chaos and ruining peoples lives, the police should be able to chase and try arrest people breaking the law.
    Yes, lets have a load of police chases around built up areas putting the general public at risk. Great idea.