+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ladies football Eng VScotland

Ladies football Eng VScotland

Quite enjoyed that, not the same skill level etc. etc. but a thoroughly enjoyable competitive game, would like to have seen the Scots get the =liser at the end but after they scored the urgency didn't seem enough with a willingness to pass about the back 4.

Re: Ladies football Eng VScotland

Why weren't there any male pundits on the BBC coverage?

There were one or two nice bits of skill but the overall game is so slow. It'll never be as exciting as men's football.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Why weren't there any male pundits on the BBC coverage?
    I have no idea but thought the commo was fine.

Did they swap shirts at the end ??

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Did they swap shirts at the end ??
    That joke must have been shite if even you didn't laugh at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    That joke must have been shite if even you didn't laugh at it.
    It wasn’t a joke, I was asking a question

International

The game was more enjoyable to watch than England v switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelsonca61 View Post
    I have no idea but thought the commo was fine.
    It’s fine as they are commentating on women’s football. What pisses me off is Alex Scott now a commentator on Premiership football and trying to sound very technical when her experience is akin to local parks football (don’t want to appear sexist like ��)

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    The game was more enjoyable to watch than England v switzerland.
    What was the score please

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    It’s fine as they are commentating on women’s football. What pisses me off is Alex Scott now a commentator on Premiership football and trying to sound very technical when her experience is akin to local parks football (don’t want to appear sexist like ��)
    Do people who play parks football not understand football?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Do people who play parks football not understand football?
    I get where you're coming from, but in my experience, people who play parks football don't really understand the more technical side of the game, you get that from being coached for a long period of time which alot of top level woman footballers have, so, they'd recognise what was going on, most parks players are shit and wouldn't understand the nuances of the game-sorry if i've offended any top level 'parks players' on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I get where you're coming from, but in my experience, people who play parks football don't really understand the more technical side of the game, you get that from being coached for a long period of time which alot of top level woman footballers have, so, they'd recognise what was going on, most parks players are shit and wouldn't understand the nuances of the game-sorry if i've offended any top level 'parks players' on here.

I'm not even a bad parks player watching the game with Doris and with the scots needing a goal with 15 to go, my comments to Doris was that the Ladies were playing as almost if the coaches were coaching in their ears just knocking it about the back four keeping possession, with not enough willing to chance a surge forward, I thought it need one of the players to get hold of the ball, get the coach out of her ear, tell the others to get up top and launch it, England looked very nervous at this stage and needed to be pressurised in their half of the pitch. England saw the game out easily but they were assisted by a tame Scottish side. I didn't think the scots were good enough to get it back to front along the ground with time running out and with energy levels running out.

I'm not even a bad parks player watching the game with Doris and with the scots needing a goal with 15 to go, my comments to Doris was that the Ladies were playing as almost if the coaches were shouting in their ears just knocking it about the back four keeping possession, with not enough willing to chance a surge forward, I thought it need one of the players to get hold of the ball, tell the others to get up top and launch it, England looked very nervous at this stage and needed to be pressurised in their half of the pitch. England saw the game out easily but they were assisted by a tame Scottish side. I didn't think the scots were good enough to get it back to front along the ground with time running out and with energy levels running out.
    I'm generalising a bit. You're an Engineer by trade? I could look at something in your field and think that it was brilliant, basically, i wouldn't be able to identify the flaws, or certainly not straight away, you would, and you could probably tell why it wasn't very good, because you've been taught to identify these things, same with players who have had top level coaching for a sustained period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I'm generalising a bit. You're an Engineer by trade? I could look at something in your field and think that it was brilliant, basically, i wouldn't be able to identify the flaws, or certainly not straight away, you would, and you could probably tell why it wasn't very good, because you've been taught to identify these things, same with players who have had top level coaching for a sustained period.
    I did a bit of welding back in the day

I did a bit of welding back in the day
    I used to work with this bloke who was a welder for twenty years, he would point out the welds (is that a word?) on steel work and slate the **** out of it, he would go on about how untidy the weld was....Needless to say i tried not to work with him

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    It wasn’t a joke, I was asking a question
    Then it must have been the first post you've made you didn't laugh at.

Having been bored silly by the Champions League Final I attended at Cardiff City Stadium, I'd given women's football a pretty wide birth in the past two years, but I enjoyed yesterday's match and I can't agree with the comment about the game being slow, because one of the things I was impressed by was how much more dynamic the players appeared compared to 2017. I thought England just about deserved their win for their almost total first half domination, but, in the end, the result boiled down to another one of those dodgy VAR penalty decisions for handball - just as in the recent men's Champions League Final, the decision may have been a correct one under the laws as they are worded currently, but, for me, natural justice says that they should never be penalties.

Quite enjoyed that, not the same skill level etc. etc. but a thoroughly enjoyable competitive game, would like to have seen the Scots get the =liser at the end but after they scored the urgency didn't seem enough with a willingness to pass about the back 4.
    Never seen this done before and life will never be the same again

Bored are you?😁

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Never seen this done before and life will never be the same again
    Equalsliser

Re OP, I am glad when this time of the year comes round so I don't have to watch any more football for a few months.
    As such I couldn't think of anything worse than watching women's football and with 13.5K attending the game it seems many think the same.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Equalsliser

Re OP, I am glad when this time of the year comes round so I don't have to watch any more football for a few months.
    As such I couldn't think of anything worse than watching women's football and with 13.5K attending the game it seems many think the same.
    What about the 6 million watching the match on tv?

Why can't you think of anything worse?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What about the 6 million watching the match on tv?

Why can't you think of anything worse?
    Perhaps I haven't tried hard enough but I think I explained, sounds like you're

women's football..it's boring shit.
    move on.

There’s so much virtue-signalling from male football fans over the WWC. The standard is that of 12 year-old boys. Very skilful 12 year-old boys admittedly.

When France scored their third against South Korea (the kind of goal Thierry Henry was famous for scoring) the commentator (I think that it was Barry Davies] shrieked like he had won the lottery while having an orgasm. Yes, it was a decent strike but the ball was travelling at about 30 mph and curled almost imperceptibly.

Can you imagine a match between, say, Newport County and one of these women’s teams. If the men went at it full throttle each tackle would likely dislocate joints and/or break limbs. Speed is crucial in football and given that men are 15% quicker than women the men would run rings round the women, both figuratively and literally.

I would love it, LOVE IT if such a match could be played.