+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: See, this what I don't get.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: See, this what I don't get.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We are told that Donald Trump and Jeremy Corbyn are, essentially, on the same side in the big battle that is being fought at the moment in these days where there is no such thing as left and right any more - that is, between an "establishment", an "elite" which is controlled by neoliberals and corporate interests, designed to further the cause of globalisation and, well, anyone who isn't in that elite.

Presumably, Bernie Sanders, the man who contested the Democratic Presidential candidacy with the dreaded Hilary Clinton in 2016, is on the side of the "rest" in this fight - he seems to tick all of the boxes when it comes to being anti establishment after all.

Yet, to read this piece,

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...gressive-front

it would appear that Mr Sanders, while no fan of the neo liberal elite, sees the main enemy as being the very people whose cause is espoused on here by Trump, and Putin, loyalists. I read what Mr Sanders had to say and thought he got it spot on - I suppose I must be missing something.
    I thought it was spot on too.

Can't help wondering where we would be now if he had beaten Hilary

We need to know what the last lot were up to before we go around sticking labels on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We need to know what the last lot were up to before we go around sticking labels on people.
    I'm only passing on what Mr Sanders says. You appear to have him marked as an "outsider", along with the likes of Corbyn and Trump, but it seems he has a problem with being linked in any way with Trump - he appears to see the President as the problem.

I'm only passing on what Mr Sanders says. You appear to have him marked as an "outsider", along with the likes of Corbyn and Trump, but it seems he has a problem with being linked in any way with Trump - he appears to see the President as the problem.
    He would because they have different political views, but they were both hampered by the same "machine". It would be in Bernie's interests if all wrongdoing was exposed, and he started over again.

He would because they have different political views, but they were both hampered by the same "machine". It would be in Bernie's interests if all wrongdoing was exposed, and he started over again.
    Or he recognises Trump and Putin for what they are.

Or he recognises Trump and Putin for what they are.
    Bernie's problems started long before Trump came on the scene. People are saying these shenanigans have been going on for at least 10-20 years. It's only because of an accidental president that things are now coming to light.

Bernie's problems started long before Trump came on the scene. People are saying these shenanigans have been going on for at least 10-20 years. It's only because of an accidental president that things are now coming to light.
    So what you seem to be saying is you know better than the man himself when it comes to why Bernie Sanders writes articles like that one? Fair enough.

As for Trump and what Sanders calls a "network of multi-billionaire oligarchs who see the world as their economic plaything", what's that they say about "If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck."?

Quote Originally Posted by Veg1960 View Post
    I thought it was spot on too.

Can't help wondering where we would be now if he had beaten Hilary
    They prevented from from doing that, isn't that just a little bit authoritarian?

They prevented from from doing that, isn't that just a little bit authoritarian?
    ^^^ the Democratic Party stopped any chance of Bernie winning.

^^^ the Democratic Party stopped any chance of Bernie winning.
    Yes.

They were far more successful in nobbling Sanders than the republicans were in their attempts to ditch Trump.