Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
How about the current government forcing people to take poverty line jobs on zero hour contracts because they'll have their benefits cut, they are probably worse off working, have no structure and minimal working conditions, people are becoming poorer if you care to look but the stats can add up to anything that the Tory bastards want them to. The Economy usually means sweet FA to the poorest and most vulnerable, gig economy jobs that are propped up with welfare payments keep people poor, but these people are off the statistics. Good for government and good for the Businesses who employ these people.
Zero hour contracts came to the fore between 2004 and 2009 (I know because I was one of the people who was made redundant at the time and put onto one by my employers) so this is not a Tory invention. It was as a result of the Countries financial problems at the time, presided over by a Labour Government, with many companies struggling and large numbers of properties being repossessed. The vast majority of jobs created since 2015 have been full or part time positions and at the same time tax free allowances and national/living wage rates have been increased dramatically, so it cannot possibly be said that the Economy has been poorly run in the last nine years.