+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coronavirus update - NO MORE RESTRICTIONS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned

Re: Coronavirus update

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I had a Coronavirus test 8 days ago (although I didn't have any symptoms) and haven't had the result. I can't see that the result will be registered as a 'positive' in my case but such a long wait in respect of non-NHS tests across the board must reduce the usefulness of it.
    Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Are you self-isolating?

My partner works in a care home and had a sore throat on a Monday. Was told to go home. Had a test on a Tuesday. Result was on the Friday. Partner would have been back in work on Monday anyway (sore throat had gone, and end of 7 day isolation) so the result of the test was my partner had no speedy way back into work (ideally could have worked Wednesday). Result, £95 pay for the week, care home short staffed. The result was negative, and the call came in late Friday. I suspect that a positive result may have seen a quicker notification.
    My wife woke up with a cough Tuesday. Test Wednesday. Still waiting result. She wouldnt be off normally with the symptom but of course it could be really mild.

Luckily pay isnt affected.

At least IF its negative I can come out of isolation as I can only do very limited work at home.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    My wife woke up with a cough Tuesday. Test Wednesday. Still waiting result. She wouldnt be off normally with the symptom but of course it could be really mild.

Luckily pay isnt affected.

At least IF its negative I can come out of isolation as I can only do very limited work at home.
    That was the bonus for me, I didn't have to spend another week and a bit in isolation. We were already struggling having come out of a period of isolation when my partner had symptoms that were more covid-like. No test that time though. Partner was feeling not very good for 10-11 days (£95 pay for 2 weeks), I couldn't go out until day 14. We struggled to get any food deliveries, finally getting one on the 10th day. In both cases, I think the chance that my partner had covid-19 was no more than 10% first time, and 0% second time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Are you self-isolating?

Am I self-isoI don't have any symptoms and never have - but as I live alone I suppose that I am self-isolating by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Am I self-isoI don't have any symptoms and never have - but as I live alone I suppose that I am self-isolating by default.
    Not sure what happened there!