+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Arriva Trains Wales - putting customers first.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Arriva Trains Wales - putting customers first.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    And who came up with the idea for those idiotic new paper tickets with the qr code on them? Most barriers don't even have a reader and they are about four times bigger than a normal ticket. I bought three returns yesterday and it felt like I had half the bloody phone book in my pocket.
    This finally forced me to use the ATW App which is actually just about OK. 6 returns for £3.25 instead of £3.90 but the out and return tickets can be used separately which can be useful. Only hassle is making sure you've got enough battery left in your phone at the end of the day, and finding that elusive barrier with a scanner on it.

It also means that you're never without a ticket now they're really cracking down on people...

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    This finally forced me to use the ATW App which is actually just about OK. 6 returns for £3.25 instead of £3.90 but the out and return tickets can be used separately which can be useful. Only hassle is making sure you've got enough battery left in your phone at the end of the day, and finding that elusive barrier with a scanner on it.

It also means that you're never without a ticket now they're really cracking down on people...
    I've used them since they first came out (and had a much more generous discount). One snag with the barcodes is that they don't work if you board or alight part way along, so for example, a ticket from Merthyr to Bridgend won't scan at the barriers in Cardiff. Frustrating if you fancy getting a snack or something at central. Also annoying if there's not someone at the ticket barriers by the Spar shop.

Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've used them since they first came out (and had a much more generous discount). One snag with the barcodes is that they don't work if you board or alight part way along, so for example, a ticket from Merthyr to Bridgend won't scan at the barriers in Cardiff. Frustrating if you fancy getting a snack or something at central. Also annoying if there's not someone at the ticket barriers by the Spar shop.
    are you mad?

Quote Originally Posted by TISS View Post
    are you mad?
    Yes, but that's another story.