Re: Beatles , years ahead of their time

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    https://youtu.be/l0zaebtU-CA

Tax man

Fantastic rhythm by McCartney on bass and Ringo

And that stabbing riff

Immense

What a superb band
    Never really got into them when I was younger, but studied them for a module at uni (as a mature student) and have grown a great admiration, fondness for them and a love for their music, especially from Rubber Soul on.

Tomorrow Never Knows is a class tune that was years ahead of its time. Reading Revolution in the Head shows how inventive they were, though George Martin was a genius who seemed to work out how to do what they were thinking. All at a time when recording facilities were rather primitive. Now going into a Beatles playlist..

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Never really got into them when I was younger, but studied them for a module at uni (as a mature student) and have grown a great admiration, fondness for them and a love for their music, especially from Rubber Soul on.

Tomorrow Never Knows is a class tune that was years ahead of its time. Reading Revolution in the Head shows how inventive they were, though George Martin was a genius who seemed to work out how to do what they were thinking. All at a time when recording facilities were rather primitive. Now going into a Beatles playlist..
    Was in a night club in about 99 - Tomorrow Never Knows came on - no-one in my group had heard it before and thought it was some sort of sampling. It didn't sound out of place in the set that was played that night, and probably sounded better than most of the stuff being played. So, I put that track at 30 years ahead of its time.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFCC3PO View Post
    Was in a night club in about 99 - Tomorrow Never Knows came on - no-one in my group had heard it before and thought it was some sort of sampling. It didn't sound out of place in the set that was played that night, and probably sounded better than most of the stuff being played. So, I put that track at 30 years ahead of its time.
    Agreed. I was lucky enough to hear one of the first stereo vinyl copies of it in our lecture room with some seriously loud and good speakers.

Shame The Chemical Brothers ripped it off with Setting Sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Agreed. I was lucky enough to hear one of the first stereo vinyl copies of it in our lecture room with some seriously loud and good speakers.

Shame The Chemical Brothers ripped it off with Setting Sun.
    Why? Setting Sun is a good song. And it doesn't diminish Tomorrow Never Knows in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Why? Setting Sun is a good song. And it doesn't diminish Tomorrow Never Knows in any way.
    Was never fussed on Setting Sun, but agree with the second point. Sometimes things are better left untouched, but if you like Setting Sun then great.