Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
How many goals did Messi score in last seasons champions league QF, SF and final?

Going back to the Premier League comparison you seem to be getting confused.

There is the comparing of goal scoring stats which I am saying there are more difficult opponents in the Prem.

Then there is the opinion of who is the best player in the world and i don't base this on stats alone. it was Messi for me because he was ripping up Europe as well as La Liga in a style I appreciated more.

I didn't say 5/6 years ago I changed to Ronaldo I said ask me 5/6 years ago and it was Messi all day long.
I'm not confused, whether it was 5 years or 3 years or 2 months ago, my point is that all through that time Ronaldo had played in the PL and Messi hadn't. If you've changed your mind on who is best, which I'm not saying you aren't allowed to do, then why is a different league a factor now and not then? If they had both started in La Liga and then one had since moved, then it would make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
I always thought Messi on another planet, then rhere come Ronaldo who was exceptional but not quite as good as Messi, then the rest.

I'd say it's last 2 / 3 years where I've finally thought Ronaldo and Messi are on the same planet and have been converted to camp Ronaldo.

Maybe as I've got older I appreciate more than the eye catching dribbles? Maybe as Ronnie has featured heavily in some Champions League wins I've given him more credit. Either way I think the argument is much closer now than it was 5/6 years ago.

Messi's vision and passing is what puts him ahead of Ronaldo in my book. That's the thing, he's not just an eye catching dribbler. Think I'm right in saying that he has had more assists than Ronaldo in every Spanish season.