+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Awful

Awful

Just come back from my lads game and I'm watching this shit and some of these fringe players are garbage.

Huws is crap and just hides, Bennett has been dreadful, Richards hasn't done anything, Pilkington and Lambert crap, and the less said about Halford the better!

Bamba has been good and Kadeem hasn't hid at all fair play to him, the only player with balls going forward.

Re: Awful

Bamba has been good and Kadeem hasn't hid at all fair play to him, the only player with balls going forward.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding! Harris is bloody awful he cannot beat a player loses the ball every time he gets any contact. Noone did more in 5 minutes than he did all game - Utter garbage - however Huws was ruddy worse if that was possible.

Worst performance I have seen from City all season, even worse than at Preston. Only Bamba and the keeper put a shift in. The quicker this game is put behind us the better.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Bamba has been good and Kadeem hasn't hid at all fair play to him, the only player with balls going forward.
    Are you kidding! Harris is bloody awful he cannot beat a player loses the ball every time he gets any contact. Noone did more in 5 minutes than he did all game - Utter garbage - however Huws was ruddy worse if that was possible.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100% Kadeem Harris like a lot of that squad is just not good enough,he very rarely delivers in the areas where he is supposed to be his most productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Worst performance I have seen from City all season, even worse than at Preston. Only Bamba and the keeper put a shift in. The quicker this game is put behind us the better.
    Spedger
    Always a relief to be out of the cup these days. We need to concentrate on the league a bit like the days we were aiming for promotion, now it's to avoid relegation.....I always recall the jacks losing somewhere like Shrewsbury a few years ago, that year they went on to win promotion to the PL.

Agreed . Quite painful to watch. At times I thought we were promoting that walk football for the over 50s. not much to be positive about. come on City! Can do better!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Are you kidding! Harris is bloody awful he cannot beat a player loses the ball every time he gets any contact. Noone did more in 5 minutes than he did all game - Utter garbage - however Huws was ruddy worse if that was possible.[/QUOTE]

Harris was good against Villa.

Today he seems to have decided that he should run as fast as possible at the person trying to tackle him and hope for a free kick. He is making Noone look like a world-class tricksy winger.

This was a terrible performance. Lambert and Huws utterly useless. Lambert the statue should be sacked now. Huws should never have been bought. Ralls can't pass. Halford looks like he's been playing at a lower level and probably can't step up (Rotherham, so maybe he needs time). Harris a headless chicken. Pilkington, who I usually like, utter rubbish, again giving the ball away all the time.

Bennett won't get such a quick winger against him again this season, even against a Premier League side should we play one, but was exposed for timing or organising his defence. Peltier (not quick) sorts out fast wingers and wins the battle.

Murphy, Bamba, Morrison did well.

Very depressing. Maybe Warnock did what Gatland did a few games ago and picked a team whose weaknesses would be shown, so that we can see where we really are.

On the other hand, Fulham were really good and deserved to win by 3 or 4. A lovely football team. We couldn't lay a glove on them.

And I didn't go, neither did any of my usual crowd, because it was a stupid kick-off time and just a cup match and it was on TV. I'm glad I saw it from a distance.

We will be a different proposition against the Wurzels next week, be sure of that.

I usually like Pilks as well but today,there was one occasion,when he gave the ball away in midfield and couldn't be arsed to chase back. Summed up the attitude of most of the team today. Can anybody explain why Bennett was left so often,one on one with Richards,their fastest player.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    I usually like Pilks as well but today,there was one occasion,when he gave the ball away in midfield and couldn't be arsed to chase back. Summed up the attitude of most of the team today. Can anybody explain why Bennett was left so often,one on one with Richards,their fastest player.
    When they scored the first goal Ralls just watched as their fullback beat Bennet he was no moe than 5 yards away and done nothing

I remember that Pilks incident too, shocking

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Just come back from my lads game and I'm watching this shit and some of these fringe players are garbage.

Huws is crap and just hides, Bennett has been dreadful, Richards hasn't done anything, Pilkington and Lambert crap, and the less said about Halford the better!

Did other players go forward without balls? Or were their balls going backwards?

Personally i thought kadeem was up against the best full back i have seen at this level for a long time and I'll be amazed if he's still at Fulham this time next month let alone this time next year.

It's difficult when you're a teams only outlet and Fulham were fully aware of this and therefore managed him well.

I know he's raw and lost the ball frequently today but he never dropped his head and never hid like many of his more experienced team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Did other players go forward without balls? Or were their balls going backwards?

Balls as in bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    I agree with Spedge

Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Personally i thought kadeem was up against the best full back i have seen at this level for a long time and I'll be amazed if he's still at Fulham this time next month let alone this time next year.

It's difficult when you're a teams only outlet and Fulham were fully aware of this and therefore managed him well.

I know he's raw and lost the ball frequently today but he never dropped his head and never hid like many of his more experienced team mates.
    That's true.

He didn't hide unlike others. It's difficult for someone as big as Lambert to hide, but where was he?

Watched the game from the grandstand instead of the ninian stand and it was like men v boys. The whole teams passing was scambolic and tackling powder puff. Bamba and Murphy only players who put in a shift. How we are going to compete when Morrison is giving the ball away everytime he kicks or heads the ball forward, Richards and Bennett kept losing their wings while the midfield 3 didnt get near their opposite man. Pilks and Harris didnt seem to know what role they were doing and Lambert is just not fit. How Warnock would like a pre season to sort this team out.

Ralls spends a lot of every game ball watching and chasing shadows.
    He's a nearly man.

Quote Originally Posted by rich munn View Post
    Are you kidding! Harris is bloody awful he cannot beat a player loses the ball every time he gets any contact. Noone did more in 5 minutes than he did all game - Utter garbage - however Huws was ruddy worse if that was possible.
    Harris was good against Villa.

Today he seems to have decided that he should run as fast as possible at the person trying to tackle him and hope for a free kick. He is making Noone look like a world-class tricksy winger.
    This was a terrible performance. Lambert and Huws utterly useless. Lambert the statue should be sacked now. Huws should never have been bought. Ralls can't pass. Halford looks like he's been playing at a lower level and probably can't step up (Rotherham, so maybe he needs time). Harris a headless chicken. Pilkington, who I usually like, utter rubbish, again giving the ball away all the time.

Bennett won't get such a quick winger against him again this season, even against a Premier League side should we play one, but was exposed for timing or organising his defence. Peltier (not quick) sorts out fast wingers and wins the battle.

Murphy, Bamba, Morrison did well.

Very depressing. Maybe Warnock did what Gatland did a few games ago and picked a team whose weaknesses would be shown, so that we can see where we really are.

On the other hand, Fulham were really good and deserved to win by 3 or 4. A lovely football team. We couldn't lay a glove on them.

And I didn't go, neither did any of my usual crowd, because it was a stupid kick-off time and just a cup match and it was on TV. I'm glad I saw it from a distance.

We will be a different proposition against the Wurzels next week, be sure of that.

[/QUOTE]

Great summary!
    Spedger
    Last edited by Sloop_Jon_Bee; 09-01-17 at 08:44.