+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Oh Dear Gary

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Oh Dear Gary

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm glad he will be back on air and hopefully the BBC can clarify guidelines on all this.

One thing that has come out is this tax issue. Is everyone okay with all this tax stuff with Lineker then?

Is he not trying to pay as little tax as possible? Is that true? Is that okay? Is that what we would all do?

Isn't this the kind of tax take that is lumped into the giant figures that people claim should be collected to fund better services?
    I've no doubt there is and will be interest in St. Gary's tax position, especially now but would've been anyway prior to his recent comments about immigration.

It's just a bit of a 'reach' to put the two very different topics together and somehow reach an opinion that St. Gary strategically thought out the whole drama in an attempt to strengthen his position to evade a tax bill? He must be popular amongst the Beeb staff too as they've all supported him in his cunning plan?

What say you Jim?

Re: Oh Dear Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post
    I've no doubt there is and will be interest in St. Gary's tax position, especially now but would've been anyway prior to his recent comments about immigration.

It's just a bit of a 'reach' to put the two very different topics together and somehow reach an opinion that St. Gary strategically thought out the whole drama in an attempt to strengthen his position to evade a tax bill? He must be popular amongst the Beeb staff too as they've all supported him in his cunning plan?

What say you Jim?
    Here is someone who helpfully joined those two dots.

https://order-order.com/2023/03/10/l...lion-tax-bill/

However Jimbo is on record that he reached his similar conclusions completely independently so you just have to accept that they he and Guido are equally astute when it comes to Lineker's finances and motivations I guess.