+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Am I Getting A Decent Broadband/Phone Deal?

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    I'm with Talk Talk and have been for yonks, I actually find them OK. But following my latest deal, it has now gone up to £42 pm. I get:

Unlimited Fibre BB
    Free Anytime calls to all UK numbers (not 0845)
    Free anytime calls to UK mobiles

Is this an OK deal, or should I be looking around?
    Contacted them through their chat facility, agreed an 18 month contract, £33.50pm, 68mb BB, unlimited calls. Happy with that.

Contacted them through their chat facility, agreed an 18 month contract, £33.50pm, 68mb BB, unlimited calls. Happy with that.
    Did you upgrade on the Fibre Peajay ? Are you getting a new router?

Yes I’ve got the fastest fibre as an upgrade, they have said my current router is fine, even though I queried it, I was pacified at that, although they did ask me to contact them if I don’t notice an improvement in my speed,

Yes I’ve got the fastest fibre as an upgrade, they have said my current router is fine, even though I queried it, I was pacified at that, although they did ask me to contact them if I don’t notice an improvement in my speed,
    This is what has held me back from upgrading to be honest, no free upgrade with the router and maybe speed issues, although for the price it`s not a big gamble is it. I think they want £30 for a new router?

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    This is what has held me back from upgrading to be honest, no free upgrade with the router and maybe speed issues, although for the price it`s not a big gamble is it. I think they want £30 for a new router?
    Not too bothered about a new router, as the price is good even for standard fibre, although if i dont see an improvement i will be contacting them.

Im paying about £75 pm for 250mb broadband, phone + most TV channels (inc sports but not movies).

I'll look to ditch sports and get a discount soon as I find nowtv much better cost wise and also for the ability to use chromecast for the sports I'm interested in (I usually go to the pub for the games I'm really interested in anyway