Quote Originally Posted by CCFC CASUAL View Post
Sorry mate I know we normally agree but what I seen tonight there is no style of play it was awful.

Two poor teams we just played for set pieces and got back into the game through one.

Peltier at left back was shocking. His distribution isn't great at right back but on his wrong side? Awful
You know my views on football mate and I'd love to see us playing a more attractive style of football.
Seeing Connolly and Peltier as full backs would usually make me want to cry but having witnessed how inept we were under Trollope and the lack of fight and imagination in the team i am willing to run with our 'style of play' at present.

I do get more joy out of watching Hoilett than most players we have had over the last few years and i do believe that Warnock will add more creativity in attacking areas in January.

Warnock is a savvy football man and listening to him speak last week in Snowy's i couldn't help but be impressed.

He seemed to have a short term plan (to get us out of this mess) a medium term plan (to challenge for promotion) and a long term plan (to advance the academy and bring players through). This was all music to my ears and i think after next season he'll be looking to take a roll upstairs.

I think Peltier was on the left last night with one task in mind and that was to nullify Helder Costa. The 'old school' he did on him early doors was enough to see the back of him for the rest of the game so it was job done.

Zohore was decent all round. I don't want to go too far cos he could be shit again saturday but i thought his touch and movement were decent and his power and pace were clearly evident and his work rate was off the scale.

Warnock has clearly stated that as a squad we have massive shortcomings so stick with it mate and I'm sure there will be much better football to come in the new year.