Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
Many people turn to alcohol and drugs as a way to cope AFTER becoming homeless though.
I'd imagine myself having all the drive in the world dorbthem first few weeks, then after ha ing every door closed in my face and realising how hard this might actually be, I could quite easily get into the cycle of drug taking.
There are people local to me who are known to have flats who sleep on the streets, others who don't like to live alone for varying reasons so stay with other family members (don't judge as these aren't simple reasons, although these are wasted properties)

When in Manchester I would always stop and talk to people on the streets, give a bit of change and be on my way to the next boozer, this happened all weekend and my mates eventually stepped in and told me to stop. Overhearing us a couple explained that some of the beggars in Manchester weren't actually homeless. I felt a little ripped off but I still won't "judge" who I give to and let a few put me off.
There’s a smack / crack head in Merthyr who begs outside Aldi and he’s not homeless. He’s getting around 80 quid a day 7 days a week. I don’t give to him anymore.