+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: America again.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: America again.

Quote Originally Posted by JDerrida View Post
    Have to agree, having spent the last month in the States.
    There is little middle ground regarding Trump. Very few see him for what he's actually achieving, balanced against any actual negatives.
    Most can either see him do no wrong or do no right.
    I spent Aug in the US, from chatting to people in the pool or in a queue for a ride, it seems as you said, most Love or Hate him, nothing between , Trump supporters were always keen to tell you how much change he will make, Trump haters just wanted a Oversea's opinion on him and to point out that they were embarrassed by him

What does make me laugh is the amount of people in the UK who just have to hate him as it is the popular thing to do, i made a tongue in cheek post " It'll all be Trumps Fault, you can bet your last penny on that " and that is the way it is, Trump to blame for everything

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I spent Aug in the US, from chatting to people in the pool or in a queue for a ride, it seems as you said, most Love or Hate him, nothing between , Trump supporters were always keen to tell you how much change he will make, Trump haters just wanted a Oversea's opinion on him and to point out that they were embarrassed by him

What does make me laugh is the amount of people in the UK who just have to hate him as it is the popular thing to do, i made a tongue in cheek post " It'll all be Trumps Fault, you can bet your last penny on that " and that is the way it is, Trump to blame for everything
    Whatever your own personal political views there is nothing redeeming about the way Trump is defiling the Office of POTUS. He could have done what he is doing with decorum and taken far more people with him, but he appears emotionally and intellectually incapable of doing anything other than wanting to impress people with how important and powerful he is. There used to be an American approach of 'talk quietly but carry a big stick'. That appears to have gone.

The real irony is that his approach is only going to weaken the US by making the rest of the world realise it can no longer rely on them for a balanced approach to world diplomacy. This isn't going to end well for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Ah right. People don't hate Trump because he is a self-obsessed, incompetent, serial liar and poster boy of the most reactionary and vile elements of US society (including the KKK and 57 different varieties of Nazis and neo-Nazis). No they hate him because it is 'the popular thing to do'! I can't imagine how that view became so popular.