+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Brexit and trade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Brexit and trade

Re: the Mirror article you quote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rendum-7985017

This confirms to me what I believe was Cameron's BIG mistake. For a referendum of this importance he should have insisted on a two thirds majority either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Re: the Mirror article you quote:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...rendum-7985017

This confirms to me what I believe was Cameron's BIG mistake. For a referendum of this importance he should have insisted on a two thirds majority either way.
    Article won't load, but if we'd done that we'd be having weekly re runs because neither side would get two thirds.
    You probably mean they should have made it two thirds to leave, but that would have been cheating. Mind you , I don't think remain are bothered about cheating so I expect it'd be popular with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieBird View Post
    Article won't load, but if we'd done that we'd be having weekly re runs because neither side would get two thirds.
    You probably mean they should have made it two thirds to leave, but that would have been cheating. Mind you , I don't think remain are bothered about cheating so I expect it'd be popular with them.
    No I didn't mean that. If neither side achieved a two thirds majority then it would be status quo (like the Scottish independence referendum). Wait another 5 years, gauge public opinion, then try again. I think at the time Cameron & Co really thought there would be a landslide victory for the Remainers. I'm sure they didn't expect it to be so tight, certainly not a victory for the Brexiteers!