+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Owen Smith

Blog Entries

Re: Owen Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Splott Dave View Post
    I'm here, you're here, let's get the deal done. Corbyn is attracting slightly larger crowds, than a German gentlemen whose name we shall not mention, did at Nuremburg. Yet people are sucked in by corporate media spin and negative bias against him. For someone who has faced a mountain of msm spin and B/S telling the public just how unelectable he really is, he's looking like shoe-in as far as electability goes.
    Brits love an underdog, it's been spun exactly how they want it, my concern is if you think that's a good thing or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    Brits love an underdog, it's been spun exactly how they want it, my concern is if you think that's a good thing or not?
    I've not yet been back a strawberry season (Twitter can still not believe their luck) and you're concerned already? Was it something that I said?
    Okay to be serious for a bit, yes I do. Snakes shed their skins, moths turn into butterflies and all political parties reach a point where they need to re-invent themselves. As an experiment Blairism was an unmitigated disaster, that hi-jacked a complete party, repackaged it, threw away its core values and principles, tossed the Palestinian cause for self-determination into the trash cart and embraced full-blown corporate Zionism. People were sick of seeing MP candidates selected from an approved list, mentored to, and then parachuted, like Stephen Kinnock was, into seats that could be won by a corpse with a red rosette on. They're fed up with not being able to interview and select candidates that are policy and principle driven, as opposed to using their constituency as a convenient stop-off point on the way to a gravy train job after politics has been disposed of. What we're seeing (in my humble opinion) is a realignment of the whole Labour party, with 172 old guard Blairites, some more than others, all joining in to sabotage Jeremy Corbyn's journey against the wishes of hundreds of thousands who have recently joined Labour precisely for what he represents. Nothing succeeds like success, so the old adage goes and when you have momentum it is easier to keep invigorating attracting and energizing people to something that they have some faith in.

So by rubbishing everything he says and does the powers that be are trying to get people to vote for Corbyn?

Were they trying to get us to vote for miliband when they made fun of him eating a bacon sandwich?

Blog Entries

I've not yet been back a strawberry season (Twitter can still not believe their luck) and you're concerned already? Was it something that I said?
    Okay to be serious for a bit, yes I do. Snakes shed their skins, moths turn into butterflies and all political parties reach a point where they need to re-invent themselves. As an experiment Blairism was an unmitigated disaster, that hi-jacked a complete party, repackaged it, threw away its core values and principles, tossed the Palestinian cause for self-determination into the trash cart and embraced full-blown corporate Zionism. People were sick of seeing MP candidates selected from an approved list, mentored to, and then parachuted, like Stephen Kinnock was, into seats that could be won by a corpse with a red rosette on. They're fed up with not being able to interview and select candidates that are policy and principle driven, as opposed to using their constituency as a convenient stop-off point on the way to a gravy train job after politics has been disposed of. What we're seeing (in my humble opinion) is a realignment of the whole Labour party, with 172 old guard Blairites, some more than others, all joining in to sabotage Jeremy Corbyn's journey against the wishes of hundreds of thousands who have recently joined Labour precisely for what he represents. Nothing succeeds like success, so the old adage goes and when you have momentum it is easier to keep invigorating attracting and energizing people to something that they have some faith in.
    Houston we have a problem..

I will explain on fb before we go any further with this..

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    So by rubbishing everything he says and does the powers that be are trying to get people to vote for Corbyn?

Were they trying to get us to vote for miliband when they made fun of him eating a bacon sandwich?
    Haven't you seen the X-factor? He will shine, don't you worry

I will explain on fb before we go any further with this..
    My lawyers negotiated for years for this transfer. I've signed a caveat to be on best behaviour and you want to take the issue offline already!!!

Haven't you seen the X-factor? He will shine, don't you worry
    I look forward to it. Not sure I can really see Rupert Murdoch being complicit in a scheme to get a left wing labour leader elected though.

I'm not a fan of Corbyn, I don't trust him.

Fair enough if you don't want to talk about it now but it will come up again, you do remind me of someone when you change the subject like that
    "trust in the mainstream media’s (MSM) ability to report fairly on Corbyn is at an all-time low and his supporters were voicing their disdain about this. In doing so, they were expressing that, somehow, control of the narrative needs to be taken back."

http://www.thecanary.co/2016/08/01/p...dia-hissy-fit/

My lawyers negotiated for years for this transfer. I've signed a caveat to be on best behaviour and you want to take the issue offline already!!!
    Be honest Mr Splott, you got banned from Twitter didn't you?

Good to have you back you mad lunatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Be honest Mr Splott, you got banned from Twitter didn't you?

Good to have you back you mad lunatic
    It's fair to say that like Chris Martin and Gwyneth we are emotionally uncoupling as painlessly as possible under the circumstances...

Quote Originally Posted by ZZ Jack View Post
    What a slimeball, weasel of a bloke he is. I'm no fan of Labour, but why have they not got the likes of Alan Johnson standing, if they want credibility?
    At least Owen Smith cannot be accused of being an original thinker, unlike Jeremy Corbyn.

http://blogs.channel4.com/factcheck/...y-corbyn/23170

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I look forward to it. Not sure I can really see Rupert Murdoch being complicit in a scheme to get a left wing labour leader elected though.
    Oh, if that leader is as inept (and I'm just commenting on his general performance in the job so far and not saying anything about his politics there) as Corbyn has been so far, I would have thought Murdoch would be delighted to see him win another leadership election.

I'm not a fan of Corbyn, I don't trust him.

Fair enough if you don't want to talk about it now but it will come up again, you do remind me of someone when you change the subject like that
    Corbyn's consistent and well used to looking after himself.

https://twitter.com/LabourWimborne/s...88652403027969

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Oh, if that leader is as inept (and I'm just commenting on his general performance in the job so far and not saying anything about his politics there) as Corbyn has been so far, I would have thought Murdoch would be delighted to see him win another leadership election.
    3 steps ahead, I like your thinking.

Corbyn's consistent and well used to looking after himself.

https://twitter.com/LabourWimborne/s...88652403027969
    You can keep trying but you wont change my view of him, if you agree with that statement from Henry Makow I'm not sure why you would want to support him tbh, are you going to be getting one of these t-shirts and shouting 'Viva La Revolution' next? I will have to put you on ignore if you do
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocket-Fuel.../dp/B015ZG2RFE

3 steps ahead, I like your thinking.

You can keep trying but you wont change my view of him, if you agree with that statement from Henry Makow I'm not sure why you would want to support him tbh, are you going to be getting one of these t-shirts and shouting 'Viva La Revolution' next? I will have to put you on ignore if you do
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rocket-Fuel.../dp/B015ZG2RFE
    I said that I've read Henry and have known about him for years. That doesn't mean that I agree with everything he comes out with, in the same way as you and I don't agree with everything. I have not read any specific statement from him on Corbyn, I wouldn't have thought it was his thing, but who knows.

Blog Entries

I said that I've read Henry and have known about him for years. That doesn't mean that I agree with everything he comes out with, in the same way as you and I don't agree with everything. I have not read any specific statement from him on Corbyn, I wouldn't have thought it was his thing, but who knows.
    Sorry, I took "Yep! I agree" to mean you agreed, my mistake

Sorry, I took "Yep! I agree" to mean you agreed, my mistake

I make certain allowances with women and try to be slightly more subtle with them. For example, had you read between the lines of Yep! I agree, you would have realised that I was employing it in much the same as Mrs Brown employs the use of 'that's nice' when she's dealing with someone who she can't be arsed to explain things to.

I make certain allowances with women and try to be slightly more subtle with them. For example, had you read between the lines of Yep! I agree, you would have realised that I was employing it in much the same as Mrs Brown employs the use of 'that's nice' when she's dealing with someone who she can't be arsed to explain things to.

Here's a video of thousands of people turning out to tell Jeremy that he's completely un-electable and to go home...

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/sta...86675088367616

Blog Entries

I would prefer it if you didn't make allowances for me if you don't mind, saying what you actually mean usually works for me, shame on you for watching Mrs Brown btw

I would prefer it if you didn't make allowances for me if you don't mind, saying what you actually mean usually works for me, shame on you for watching Mrs Brown btw
    That's nice...

Blog Entries

That's nice...
    I knew it.

I knew it.
    We're going to have to agree to disagree where Jezza's concerned...

There's a first for everything.

What a slimeball, weasel of a bloke he is. I'm no fan of Labour, but why have they not got the likes of Alan Johnson standing, if they want credibility?
    What a mess , all because of the Blair / New Labour paranoia game ,whcih strangely got them elected in mass numbers , and other than Iraq they did a lot of good ,and shoved it right in the noses of the Tories , I will never forget those landslides wins and the right wnig loses .

How many of Jeremy Corbyn's policy's has he nicked?

https://twitter.com/VvsTyranny/statu...53359803523072

Blog Entries

We're going to have to agree to disagree where Jezza's concerned...

There's a first for everything.
    Is it as simple as that though? I think maybe not.

Is it as simple as that though? I think maybe not.
    We're not doing Thelma and Louise tonight, I don't care how much you want to...