+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Superstate Imminent?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: European Superstate Imminent?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    first of all you say " it's fact. and not scaremongering "

now its scaremongering

its a worse case scenario but only 2 years ago Argentina were making the wrong noises about the Falklands and were not russia leasing them some fighter jets ? ? ? so who knows down the line what will happen, i just like the idea of a armed force that we ( the UK ) whole 100% control over
    What are you on about here? surely you understand the point I'm making.. if not, I'd be worried.

Of course, but as many have said, the UK have a veto. And what's more, this would obviously be spoken about before a hypothetical European army was created.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy31 View Post
    What are you on about here? surely you understand the point I'm making.. if not, I'd be worried.

Of course, but as many have said, the UK have a veto. And what's more, this would obviously be spoken about before a hypothetical European army was created.
    I don't think that is how political union works

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I don't think that is how political union works
    How does it work then oh wise one

How does it work then oh wise one
    The majority in Brussels decide who they are going to bomb or not.

The majority in Brussels decide who they are going to bomb or not.
    of course, once it has been agreed to hand power to them in the first place, correct.

put it this way, they wont have control of the army without consent from the uk parliament.

of course, once it has been agreed to hand power to them in the first place, correct.

put it this way, they wont have control of the army without consent from the uk parliament.
    What UK parliament? Under political unification all nations will cease to exist. I think you need to look into it a bit more

What UK parliament? Under political unification all nations will cease to exist. I think you need to look into it a bit more
    ok, so lets go towards that. The parliament won't cease to exist until power is transferred to the EU parliament. They don't just take it by default. Perhaps you should brush up first

I understood what you were saying, but i found it entertaining you first said :

it's funny, when economists warn against brexit, its scaremongering. When you talk about something far more far-fetched, it's fact. go figure
    my scenario was suddenly a fact and not scaremongering

so it's guaranteed to happen following an IN vote, right? jeez talk about scaremongering
    are you trying to tell me that this isnt going to happen? then why bring it up? oh right yeah, scaremongering
    then you downgraded it to scaremongering

when in reality its just some bloke sat on his PC concerned about giving up out armed forces and leaving them in the full control of the EU

I understood what you were saying, but i found it entertaining you first said :

my scenario was suddenly a fact and not scaremongering

then you downgraded it to scaremongering

when in reality its just some bloke sat on his PC concerned about giving up out armed forces and leaving them in the full control of the EU
    There was no downgrading. you clearly havent understood what I wrote. Please go back and read it again.

There was no downgrading. you clearly havent understood what I wrote. Please go back and read it again.
    No, i dont want to do this again with someone else, but you wrote

it's funny, when economists warn against brexit, its scaremongering. When you talk about something far more far-fetched, it's fact. go figure
    look at the above quote, you imply it wasnt scaremongering but was fact

so it's guaranteed to happen following an IN vote, right? jeez talk about scaremongering
    are you trying to tell me that this isnt going to happen? then why bring it up? oh right yeah, scaremongering
    then you call it scaremongering

No, i dont want to do this again with someone else, but you wrote

look at the above quote, you imply it wasnt scaremongering but was fact

then you call it scaremongering
    There's where you arent understanding what I wrote.

There's where you arent understanding what I wrote.
    i have to admit, i dont understand what you meant then

i have to admit, i dont understand what you meant then
    yeah... me neither ha. But that bit in bold is the bit you're misunderstanding. (got there)