+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: El Diego RIP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: El Diego RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I didn't see what shilton had to say, but if he's still pissed about getting done by Maradona then that's up to him (obviously) he's got every right to express that. I would hope though, that he's at least concede that maradona was most certainly the best player of a generation and arguably the greatest player to have ever played the game, that's an absolute fact, and Shilton, as a professional, could at least attempt to separate the handball from maradona's ability. If he didn't do that, then he is a prized prick in my opinion.
    The article concerned began as follows:

"My life has long been linked with that of Diego Maradona and not in the way I would have liked, but I am saddened to hear of his passing at such a young age. He was undoubtedly the greatest player I ever faced and my thoughts are with his family."

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

"My life has long been linked with that of Diego Maradona and not in the way I would have liked, but I am saddened to hear of his passing at such a young age. He was undoubtedly the greatest player I ever faced and my thoughts are with his family."
    I've absolutely no problem with that.

The police are now searching the home and private clinic of the Doctor Maradona used in order to establish that there wasn't any 'Negligence' involved in his death-on the instruction of Maradona's Daughters. I knew that this would turn into a circus.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post

If he's written an article for the paper, I guess we can add cashing in on maradonas death to the list.