Thread: Film 16

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 16

Good idea seem to struggle to find decent movies these days

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Good idea seem to struggle to find decent movies these days
    That'sbecause many modern films are crap.
    Especially those "found footage" garbage, and shite remakes of really good films.

"Carrie" is a good example of the latter category.
    Almost scene-by-scene remake, admittedly with better effects (strings were clearly visible on 'flying knives' in the original).
    But they changed the final part - and took out the bit that actually made the film worth seeing!

Good idea this.

Saw 'Youth' earlier in the week.

I thought it was a really engaging film, great photography and very quirky - light and shade.

The hardcore cinemarati reviwers generally seemed to describe it as beautiful but flawed, but then again they seem to be judging it as an attempt at a modern day Fellini .
    If you dont worry about making such comparisons, its definitely worth a watch.
    Caine is as unlike Caine as I've ever seen him.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    That'sbecause many modern films are crap.
    Especially those "found footage" garbage, and shite remakes of really good films.

"Carrie" is a good example of the latter category.
    Almost scene-by-scene remake, admittedly with better effects (strings were clearly visible on 'flying knives' in the original).
    But they changed the final part - and took out the bit that actually made the film worth seeing!
    I watched the witch a few weeks ago, absolutely loved it. I'm quite a fan of horror films and this is the best one I've seen for ages. It's not horror by numbers at all.

Quote Originally Posted by welshyoot View Post
    I watched the witch a few weeks ago, absolutely loved it. I'm quite a fan of horror films and this is the best one I've seen for ages. It's not horror by numbers at all.
    Looks like a good call. The witch has got very good reviews.