+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So what is the benefit of VT's visit?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Never , ever will I change with my attitude towards Tanny. Simples! I have my reasons. I'll go into them again if you really want. Have mentioned them several times on here in the past. I bet you were one of those sad feckers, who bought into his red shite, and even purchased and wore a red City top! Busy licking his arse along the way as he took us to the "promised land"
    So what if people purchased a red top? I bet you watched us in the PL though, like 27000 others ?

If not then that's fine and commendable, however, your comments are not welcome and outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    So what if people purchased a red top? .
    Those who did pissed on the club's heritage and history, and fueled Tans belief he was right.

I haven't put money in his club since 2011. He can't fvck off quick enough as far as I am concerned.

Notice he is still on about Cornelius (Serie A player) and doesn't mention his own cock ups, not his own contribution to Cornelius' struggle here.

I just go and support the team to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    I just go and support the team to be honest.
    Yep. I think over seven years he has been a very good owner. He made one very big mistake. Apart from that he has stuck by the club and never fleeced you. It could have been a lot worse. We were left in a mess by Zingarevich and our subsequent owners have not been a whole lot better.
    Be careful what you wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Yep. I think over seven years he has been a very good owner. He made one very big mistake. Apart from that he has stuck by the club and never fleeced you. It could have been a lot worse. We were left in a mess by Zingarevich and our subsequent owners have not been a whole lot better.
    Out of interest, and to your knowledge, did Zingarevich ever do anything which resulted in people who had been diehard Reading fans for almost all of their lives stopping supporting the club?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Out of interest, and to your knowledge, did Zingarevich ever do anything which resulted in people who had been diehard Reading fans for almost all of their lives stopping supporting the club?
    Nope but he left the club in a desperate financial mess. We were close to going under. I appreciate your dislike of Tan but at least he has not left your club in the lurch and on the verge of administration.

Nope but he left the club in a desperate financial mess. We were close to going under. I appreciate your dislike of Tan but at least he has not left your club in the lurch and on the verge of administration.
    YEP,this how it is.

The problem is that as a direct result of Tan's actions and the reactions to them from a large percentage of the fanbase, I no longer consider Cardiff City to be 'my club' as such and I know that there are many other people who feel the same, while there are more still who have continued to attend matches and support the team but no longer feel the kind of bond with the club that they previously had.

During the last fifteen months I've seen two good friends go to their graves having lost a large part of their love and affection for CCFC during Tan's tenure. These were guys who really did have Cardiff City in their blood, but who never felt remotely the same about the club after the rebrand fiasco. Another acquaintance who had been an ardent City supporter since the Sixties died a few weeks ago. My partner attended his funeral last week. She met him through her work with the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust and they remained friends until he died. Neither has supported the club since the rebrand.

I guess the depth of that kind of feeling is difficult to understand unless the sort of thing that happened here happens at your club, and even then different people would have had entirely different reactions to the whole affair. Perhaps the saddest thing is that the situation simply wouldn't have come about in the first place had it not been for the ego of one man. He may have plenty of money but as far as some of us are concerned that in no way compensates for the damage he's done, and it never did.

Really ? Those who attended matches in the time we played in red did exactly the same then . To me all football tops are a joke and I have never worn one , but if my son wanted one I'd buy him one

Your a self righteous dickhead by the sounds of it -