+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Film 17

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Film 17

Saw a film on Netflix last night called "Unbroken" about Olympian Louis Zamperini's struggle for survival after a plane crash into the Pacific in World War 2, 47 days adrift in a raft followed by 2 years in brutal Japanese prisoner of war camps.

Written by the Coen Brothers and directed by Angelina Jolie. After the film I was amazed about how much this guy went through I looked into how true this story was and found that it is pretty much a 100% depiction of his experiences.

Well worth a watch.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Cærdiffi View Post
    Saw a film on Netflix last night called "Unbroken" about Olympian Louis Zamperini's struggle for survival after a plane crash into the Pacific in World War 2, 47 days adrift in a raft followed by 2 years in brutal Japanese prisoner of war camps.

Written by the Coen Brothers and directed by Angelina Jolie. After the film I was amazed about how much this guy went through I looked into how true this story was and found that it is pretty much a 100% depiction of his experiences.

Well worth a watch.

the main man portrays an incredible personal journey

Unbroken is a good film agreed. Just watched Hacksaw Ridge - wow. What a film

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Unbroken is a good film agreed. Just watched Hacksaw Ridge - wow. What a film
    Saw that the other night, really good film, Desmond Doss was a very brave man, I was looking at the true story on history vs hollywood and according to them "While lowering the men down the ridge, the Japanese had a clear shot at Desmond Doss. Though it's not depicted in the movie, one Japanese soldier recalled having Desmond in his sights, but every time he went to fire, his gun jammed."
    How lucky was he?