+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 307 mass shooting

307 mass shooting

In America so far this year. That's 309 days. A mass shooting is 4 or more victims. not including the shooter. Another church in Texas been targeted, 30 plus killed.

Such a ****ed up country!

Re: 307 mass shooting

****ing nra wankers

May God be with the people says trump

There is no god you stupid twat

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

After the previous massacre in Las Vegas, when asked if they need to tighten gun control, Trump, notorious for speaking before indulging his 'brain', said "We're not going to talk about that today". Wonder why? It's almost as if self interest was put to the fore.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41478293

I'm sure even Trump is aware of the absurdity of the God myth, not a good political move to acknowledge it though.

The shootings aren't a gun issue, but a mental health issue according to the great man...
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...uns/834879001/

Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, tweeted that the people need our prayers right now.

Given that the shooting happened in a church where people were already praying, I'm not sure what good it's going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by elytillidie View Post
    The shootings aren't a gun issue, but a mental health issue according to the great man...
    He's not so generous when it's a Muslim doing the killing.

After the previous massacre in Las Vegas, when asked if they need to tighten gun control, Trump, notorious for speaking before indulging his 'brain', said "We're not going to talk about that today". Wonder why? It's almost as if self interest was put to the fore.
    It's not just like it's America where that stance is taken, Caroline Lucas was shut down when talking about climate change and the more extreme weather as a result leading to people losing their homes and lives. Her point was that continuing not to talk about it and letting it happen again shows far more disrespect than talking about it soon after the event.

Sadly, these shooting incidents in the States are so commonplace that they have ceased to be shocking.

I'm sure even Trump is aware of the absurdity of the God myth, not a good political move to acknowledge it though.
    In America, acknowledging the God myth makes you electable.

It's seemingly getting worse out there, and there's very few politicians willing to risk their careers to tackle the insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

It's seemingly getting worse out there, and there's very few politicians willing to risk their careers to tackle the insanity.
    The "bible Belt in the US has far too much influence, leading to absurd politics and even interference with TV series

Trump is a complete disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    The "bible Belt in the US has far too much influence, leading to absurd politics and even interference with TV series
    You got it

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post

God bless America

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    It's not just like it's America where that stance is taken, Caroline Lucas was shut down when talking about climate change and the more extreme weather as a result leading to people losing their homes and lives. Her point was that continuing not to talk about it and letting it happen again shows far more disrespect than talking about it soon after the event.
    Fair point

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    He's not so generous when it's a Muslim doing the killing.
    Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House, tweeted that the people need our prayers right now.

Given that the shooting happened in a church where people were already praying, I'm not sure what good it's going to do.
    My old dear is a massive Catholic , the number of times I have tried to have a reasoned debate with her about the god issue ! They are indoctrinated , my sister is the same and she's brought up her daughter into the silly nonsense

If there is one person out there with mental health issues , it's trump

My old dear is a massive Catholic , the number of times I have tried to have a reasoned debate with her about the god issue ! They are indoctrinated , my sister is the same and she's brought up her daughter into the silly nonsense
    I have a very good friend who leads an exemplary life and donates part of his salary to helping African schoolchildren through their schooling and he also fosters all sorts of children and without financial reward. However, his son, who is studying engineering and only recently rejected the Christianity foisted upon him, is now angry about the fact that he was indoctrinated with religion all his life. The exchanges between them are highly civilised but the bitterness is real. For my part, I think it's unethical for parents to indoctrinate their children regarding deities but the Church of Scientology seems to be very successful in converting adults, albeit with dubious practices.

from another side of the argument, what harm are they doing ? ? ?

Plenty of really decent people are religious, they do great jobs with charities ( home and abroad ) that are organised through the name of religion, would they would still do it if they were not part of religion ? ? who knows ? ? ? that must be a massive plus

It is easy to knock any churchy-joe, but plenty give more than they take out of society, if they take comfort in the knowledge that the big man upstairs will look after them when they die / or they are reincarnated ( delete as applicable ) who are we to judge them

You don't have to be religious to be a good person , plenty of people do good things without the need to tell people they are a Christian or whatever , religious people do not have a monopoly on morality and acts of kindness

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I have a very good friend who leads an exemplary life and donates part of his salary to helping African schoolchildren through their schooling and he also fosters all sorts of children and without financial reward. However, his son, who is studying engineering and only recently rejected the Christianity foisted upon him, is now angry about the fact that he was indoctrinated with religion all his life. The exchanges between them are highly civilised but the bitterness is real. For my part, I think it's unethical for parents to indoctrinate their children regarding deities but the Church of Scientology seems to be very successful in converting adults, albeit with dubious practices.
    I give money to homeless and mental health charities , I was brought up a Catholic but realised at the age of 13 it was nonsense

I was going to confession and whilst the priest behind the grate was babbling on , all I could think of was the girl in year two I fancied and going fishing later that day

Islam , the Catholic church etc all indoctrinate

But Scientology is a cult and it amazes me intelligent people are sucked in by its nonsense

You don't have to be religious to be a good person , plenty of people do good things without the need to tell people they are a Christian or whatever , religious people do not have a monopoly on morality and acts of kindness
    Absolutely!

And to respond to the "reasoned debate" alluded above, you cannot have a reasoned debate with religious people.
    They've made up their minds, the only people who can change their minds are themselves.
    If you try to point out the absurdity of it all, they just dig their heels in deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Absolutely!

And to respond to the "reasoned debate" alluded above, you cannot have a reasoned debate with religious people.
    They've made up their minds, the only people who can change their minds are themselves.
    If you try to point out the absurdity of it all, they just dig their heels in deeper.
    I have given up , if I meet a woman who tells me she is a Christian , as if it's a badge of honour , I know it's a waste of time