+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Best place to buy a car?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Best place to buy a car?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Lecter View Post
    Cheers for that Jim.

He's looking for something decent but not too flash on account of the fact that he's still only 25 so doesn't want to get clobbered with insurance. He seems to be leaning towards an Astra, Corsa, Focus () etc. - basically a tidy sized family car that will do the job for a good few years.

As far as the warranty goes, is it better to go with where you buy it from or take out a separate one? I'm assuming the best route is something that covers everything rather than a cheaper option where they point to the small print if you actually try claiming?
    Yeah , you want the platinum cover , not the (unfortunately that isnt covered .)

I have a 2014 year old 1.4 sxi white corsa 3 doors 38,000 miles £4500 mint . AND a 5 door 2015 Renault Clio 1.2 dynamique metallic black with 20,000 due in next month .£6500 mint also .
    Prices are good but might not be what he is looking for .

These are our own cars that were out on contract to local families.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post
    Yeah , you want the platinum cover , not the (unfortunately that isnt covered .)

I have a 2014 year old 1.4 sxi white corsa 3 doors 38,000 miles £4500 mint . AND a 5 door 2015 Renault Clio 1.2 dynamique metallic black with 20,000 due in next month .£6500 mint also .

suprised it is still running.

Quote Originally Posted by kingbillyboy View Post
    suprised it is still running.
    I thought you would be out on the streets of Belfast today ?

If things dont work out in the Computer world give me a call, we are looking for a good salesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy the Jock View Post

He needs a 5 door for the Rugrats.

The Renault sounds ideal (tidy price too) but I probably won't be able to convince him to wait for it. I think he's hoping to get something sorted by the weekend.

Cheers anyway - appreciate the help and advice.