+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lets Have a Sensible Debate -Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not so sure about different players, but yes, a new manager and different tactics would work wonders for him I reckon.

Some might see that as a thinly veiled criticism of our current set up but it isn't intended to be. It's nothing more than that old nugget where some players thrive at some clubs, under certain managers and with certain tactics, yet can look average (and worse) elsewhere. There aren't many players who are excellent at every club and under every manager they play under. Look at how many good players we've thought we've got over the years but have been shit for us, then done well elsewhere!!
    Fair enough, it seems to be the general consensus on here amongst those who can see something special in Colwill.So, why not other players? Why aren't they being afforded this new formation tactical style in order for them to show us that they are better than they are? Etete, Wintle, Siopis, Bowler (Especially Bowler) Turnbull etc are routinely criticised and then some, They're not afforded the excuseof a new manager and tactics, coaching etc, But they're not Welsh and they didn't come through the system.

Ever heard the phrase' There's just something missing' Well that's how i feel about Colwill. There's just something not right about hi game and his physicality, and we could have another 20 managers and coaches and that wont change, He's the common denominator and we're now in the territory of excuses, which is something i really don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair enough, it seems to be the general consensus on here amongst those who can see something special in Colwill.So, why not other players? Why aren't they being afforded this new formation tactical style in order for them to show us that they are better than they are? Etete, Wintle, Siopis, Bowler (Especially Bowler) Turnbull etc are routinely criticised and then some, They're not afforded the excuseof a new manager and tactics, coaching etc, But they're not Welsh and they didn't come through the system.

Ever heard the phrase' There's just something missing' Well that's how i feel about Colwill. There's just something not right about hi game and his physicality, and we could have another 20 managers and coaches and that wont change, He's the common denominator and we're now in the territory of excuses, which is something i really don't like.
    I would suggest a good manager can make a team out of the players at his disposal and try and get the best out of them. For me Bulut has his tactic and shoehorns players into what he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I would suggest a good manager can make a team out of the players at his disposal and try and get the best out of them. For me Bulut has his tactic and shoehorns players into what he wants.
    Agree, but that will not stop good players showing us what they can do, even if it's sporadic. i've said enough on Bulut, His tactics are disgraceful, But it's not down to Bulut when a player decides to hold on to the ball that half a second to long which can be the difference in an attacking sense. It's not down to Bulut when players make the most basic of errors, and that happens regularly. The players have to take some responibility or improve. And all of this guff about coaching, well, a Touch can't be coached, awareness can't be coached, vision can't be coached, intelligence can't be coached, and those are the things we desperately need.

Just to add, when players are out there, then they have license to perform, the manager is a spectator, he has the power to hook plaayers, but he can't dictate individual freedoms and decisions on the ball, and if he could, then **** him. Maybe the players should stop being so soft and maybe the upporters should demand much more from them (and the manager) and stop making excuses.

Just to add, when players are out there, then they have license to perform, the manager is a spectator, he has the power to hook plaayers, but he can't dictate individual freedoms and decisions on the ball, and if he could, then **** him. Maybe the players should stop being so soft and maybe the upporters should demand much more from them (and the manager) and stop making excuses.
    I agree with this. I think some players and Bulut are getting away with murder, people blaming everyone else or budgets etc. Colwill needs to make himself undroppable, he’ll still get dropped by Bulut though so Wintle can play at 10 . In seriousness, how anyone thinks he wants to play good football when we did that for months on end needs to give their head a wobble!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I agree with this. I think some players and Bulut are getting away with murder, people blaming everyone else or budgets etc. Colwill needs to make himself undroppable, he’ll still get dropped by Bulut though so Wintle can play at 10 . In seriousness, how anyone thinks he wants to play good football when we did that for months on end needs to give their head a wobble!
    He doesn't rate Colwill (Like you said) so i agree, Bulut can't wait to Hook him, which is unfair, although not uncommon in football. Players need to show more, even if the manager is shit, negative, and everything else in between. And when, as a fan base, did we become to passive? **** me, we just take it, make excuses for the wankers on the pitch and the coaching staff, owners etc. I wont watch that crap, because that's what it is. Lining up, playing in a way where not losing is the first port of call deserves calling out. I can understand being more cautious against much better sides (like it did us any good) but the other 20 sides in this division? i mean c,mon

Agree, but that will not stop good players showing us what they can do, even if it's sporadic. i've said enough on Bulut, His tactics are disgraceful, But it's not down to Bulut when a player decides to hold on to the ball that half a second to long which can be the difference in an attacking sense. It's not down to Bulut when players make the most basic of errors, and that happens regularly. The players have to take some responibility or improve. And all of this guff about coaching, well, a Touch can't be coached, awareness can't be coached, vision can't be coached, intelligence can't be coached, and those are the things we desperately need.

Excellent post (particularly the part that I highlighted).