+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So, it's the fault of Page. Nothing to do with the outfield players who created not very much for 2 hours? I'm not being critical of anyone. Decent enough performance from Wales. Both teams pretty ordinary. We didn't really trouble Poland, we were at home, it's our job to trouble them.
    No. I think he picked the wrong keeper for pens.

But overall I don’t think there is much more he could have done tactically. I thought first half was very good, and second half decent. I did prefer Johnson up the middle though the other night, because it gives the “ball down the middle” option v Poland’s less quicker defenders.

Kiefer did all right tonight but the pace ball was always wide. I do suspect that Johnson might have troubled them a little more but that is speculation.

We lost by slender margins. Such is life.

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    No. I think he picked the wrong keeper for pens.

But overall I don’t think there is much more he could have done tactically. I thought first half was very good, and second half decent. I did prefer Johnson up the middle though the other night, because it gives the “ball down the middle” option v Poland’s less quicker defenders.

Kiefer did all right tonight but the pace ball was always wide. I do suspect that Johnson might have troubled them a little more but that is speculation.

We lost by slender margins. Such is life.
    Fair shout