+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zohore vs Terry

Re: Zohore vs Terry

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Would anyone take Terry over Bamba or Morrison? Based on today, I wouldn't
    No chance!
    Wasn't Chester picking up Ken in the 1st half (I was down other end see) and swapped with Terry at ht?
    Whichever way, Ken was unplayable in both halves.
    Difficult to pick a MOTM today bit he was neck and neck with the new boys (and Bamba)

It would have been nice to see Ken score a goal but I think we can safely say that he passed this test with flying colours!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso Perez View Post
    It would have been nice to see Ken score a goal but I think we can safely say that he passed this test with flying colours!
    The only disappointing thing yesterday was he didn't at least score one of the many chances he had

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    I didnt pay any special attention to watching Terry yesterday - I just watched the game as I usually do.
    Terry was invisible I didnt see him do anything wrong and I didnt see him do any 'special' either.

He just looked an average bog standard championship defender and nothing to be concerned about
    I agree, I thought three out of Villa's back four had uncomfortable afternoons and Terry was the exception - he didn't do much wrong, but he also didn't do much that stood out for good reasons either. I think it's fairly obvious that Terry was bought in by Villa to be an influence on and off the field and to add some hardness to what looks from a distance to be a very frail squad mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by TH63 View Post
    Would anyone take Terry over Bamba or Morrison? Based on today, I wouldn't
    Terry seemed disinterested and was just going through the motions.

Wonder if his legs have gone and I wonder how long before he gets fed up

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Terry seemed disinterested and was just going through the motions.

Wonder if his legs have gone and I wonder how long before he gets fed up
    Terry brought in more for his dressing room influence and organisation.
    Problem he has is that he is not surrounded by quality players, he is not getting any younger and has many dog fights in front of him, some only a few days apart.

It won't be long before he starts wondering "What the he'll have I done?" If he hasn't already!

I loved that moment in the second half when Zohore bounced Terry off like he was a nobody. He almost landed on his backside!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Sorry but that's ABSOLUTE BOLLOCKS!!!

Yes, he's in the decline now but to suggest he's been lucky because of great players around him is just absolute nonsense.

JT is a true leader of men, and hes won lesser players medals that they wouldn't dream of winning if they weren't his team mate.

John Terry would put his head where some players wouldn't put their feet.
    Cobblers

Go back to fishing.

What did Terry do? For a player of such reputation you would expect him to try and change something at least with our forward players running rampant and yet I still didn't see him do anything. I think Zohore learnt a lot and dominated.