+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: george galloway

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: george galloway

I used to be a member of his last party, the respect party. Many years ago mind.

He is a very divisive character and we all know why. He is also a very interesting one who speaks his mind and isn't pigeon holed. He is pro-brexit and extols many traditional working class left wing views that Labour have arguably abandoned.

He also has an (in fairness, lifelong) obsession with Gaza and the politics of the middle east.

Those two issues aren't always natural bedfellows but this by-election was a perfect storm that allowed him to flourish.

The response from Sunak and Starmer is quite remarkable really. I don't entirely disagree with them as we are in dangerous and racially sectarian times.

They should have spoken up weeks or months ago though.

As for parliament, Galloway represents a solid part of the British electorate and he deserves to be in parliament. It's better views are debated there than on the street sometimes.

Re: george galloway

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I used to be a member of his last party, the respect party. Many years ago mind.

He is a very divisive character and we all know why. He is also a very interesting one who speaks his mind and isn't pigeon holed. He is pro-brexit and extols many traditional working class left wing views that Labour have arguably abandoned.

He also has an (in fairness, lifelong) obsession with Gaza and the politics of the middle east.

Those two issues aren't always natural bedfellows but this by-election was a perfect storm that allowed him to flourish.

The response from Sunak and Starmer is quite remarkable really. I don't entirely disagree with them as we are in dangerous and racially sectarian times.

They should have spoken up weeks or months ago though.

As for parliament, Galloway represents a solid part of the British electorate and he deserves to be in parliament. It's better views are debated there than on the street sometimes.
    It very much looks like dummies spat out from the major parties, the people of Rochdale have chosen their representative and Sunak sticking a podium outside number 10 to them they were wrong is a super bad look. I can't help but think both Sunak and Starmer are secretly hoping the other gets drawn into a very public tit for tat spat with Galloway, he has nothing to lose, conviction, consistently held views and will walk all over either of them if backed into a corner.

The correct approach to nullify him is not to get offended by his views but to question his ability/motivation to do anything for Rochdale. A constituency MP is supposed to represent everybody, not just those who voted for them, that includes the people who voted against and didn't turn up and whilst watching sam coates uncomfortably squirming his way through the interview posted above is good fun, its pretty clear from all the 'i won' that Galloway doesn't really get that part.