+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: WALES 0-0 POLAND. AET. Poland win on penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    As soon as James stepped up, knew it.
    I completely agree.

Choosing James, a striker known for his profligacy and lack of composure in front of goal, to take the last penalty was utter madness.

Was there REALLY no one else??

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I completely agree.

Choosing James, a striker known for his profligacy and lack of composure in front of goal, to take the last penalty was utter madness.

It didn’t augur well when Ben Davies strode up to take the first one and I thought Neco was going to miss, but fair play to them both. It does rather show that we didn’t have many natural penalty takers on the pitch though - I was surprised not to see Broadhead take one (even though I can’t remember him taking penalties in club football) and, although I don’t always trust Ramsey from the spot, it seems a mistake not to get him on in the last few minutes with the intention of him taking one of the five.

I did wonder whether the subs could have been better used but to be honest whatever he did it felt it was destined to be a 0-0 and a penalty shoot out. Either keeper will be disappointed to have not saved several, given most kicks were nowhere near the corners,

But Poland are a team with many of their players playing in Europe’s top leagues whilst most of ours are championship level and unlikely to play higher. I fear we won’t be able to keep relying on easy qualifying groups and home play offs in future campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It didn’t augur well when Ben Davies strode up to take the first one and I thought Neco was going to miss, but fair play to them both. It does rather show that we didn’t have many natural penalty takers on the pitch though - I was surprised not to see Broadhead take one (even though I can’t remember him taking penalties in club football) and, although I don’t always trust Ramsey from the spot, it seems a mistake not to get him on in the last few minutes with the intention of him taking one of the five.
    I assumed Broadhead came on because he might take a pen. Subs were all very bizarre.

Sad thing is I thought Poland were there for the taking, not impressed with them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I completely agree.

He had the hardest penalty to take.

Maybe Wilson should have gone last