Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
If you can point out any footballers who don't match the fotballer prototype these days... those overweight tend to be loaned out in the hope other clubs can get them fit.

They are there, afaik not employed directly by F1 but by local promoters to bring a bit of glamour.

The cars and drivers are the stars, the grid girls are just something that's there. No viewer tunes in to watch the grid girls ( except sludge ), no viewer tunes in to watch the ring girls in boxing or ufc ( except Sludge ) etc.

What we're seeing these days is a culture espoused that women can truly do anything they want to - except things a vocal minority don't want them to do. Which seems to me to be as anti-feminist as you can get.
You ask me to name a player who doesn't meet the footballer prototype then you name one. But it's a poor analogy anyway - a footballer's skill is nurtured over many years and not just a genetic gift and a hour in hair and make-up.

Then you suggest they're there to bring a bit of glamour but no-one's taking any notice. Then why have them if no-one is bothered about the glamour?

I don't think what is being espoused has changed. Feminism wants women to be judged equally and fairly like anyone else and not just as eye candy and 'glamour'.