Fourth official: Andre Marriner

Saturday 3pm.

As big as it gets?

Re: CARDIFF CITY v HUDDERSFIELD TOWN. Match thread

A must not lose game.

Already getting nervous for this one.

We can't blow games like this if we want to stay up ....three points absolutely vital

Etheridge

Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett

Arter Gunnarsson Camarasa

NML Reid Murphy

Generally not a fan of Reid up top in the middle, however this is a game we should look to utilise our pace and really go at them, Huddersfield's defence is nearly as bad as ours. Fairly obvious this is our biggest game of the season, and our most winnable remaining home game. Need to get back to winning ways, however we've all supported Cardiff long enough to know how this one goes. 1-1, in the most dour game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Etheridge

Manga Morrison Bamba Bennett

Arter Gunnarsson Camarasa

NML Reid Murphy

Generally not a fan of Reid up top in the middle, however this is a game we should look to utilise our pace and really go at them, Huddersfield's defence is nearly as bad as ours. Fairly obvious this is our biggest game of the season, and our most winnable remaining home game. Need to get back to winning ways, however we've all supported Cardiff long enough to know how this one goes. 1-1, in the most dour game of the season.
    Up top I expect
    NML
    Patterson
    Hoilett

Really not sure what we're going to do with Reid. Just not fitting in.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Up top I expect
    NML
    Patterson
    Hoilett

Really not sure what we're going to do with Reid. Just not fitting in.
    If there's a game that could spark some confidence for Reid, this would be it... though I wouldn't be bothered if Patterson did start. Really not on Hoilett at the moment, other than two great goals, out of nowhere, he has been consistently average to poor this season. His defensive prowess, which Warnock clearly uses him for, has also completely disappeared nor should this be a game where we look to utilise it. Take it to them, full steam.

The only three fixtures that matter this weekend.

Burnley v Fulham
    Cardiff v Huddersfield
    Leicester v Southampton

All home wins please.

All kick off 3pm on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    The only three fixtures that matter this weekend.

Burnley v Fulham
    Cardiff v Huddersfield
    Leicester v Southampton

All home wins please.

All kick off 3pm on Saturday.
    I would prefer an Burnley - Fulham draw, preferably with a bit of collatoral damage (red cards!).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I would prefer an Burnley - Fulham draw, preferably with a bit of collatoral damage (red cards!).
    Us and Burnley win sees Fulham 7 points behind both of us. Surely the quicker we cut teams adrift the better.

Us and Burnley win sees Fulham 7 points behind both of us. Surely the quicker we cut teams adrift the better.
    We are playing against accumulated points at the bottom of the table. A Burnley win puts 3 points into the bottom of the table. A draw provides just 2. Plus I don’t want to see Burnley winning three in a row, so I agree with a draw being the best result.

Deffo a draw best result for me too

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    We are playing against accumulated points at the bottom of the table. A Burnley win puts 3 points into the bottom of the table. A draw provides just 2. Plus I don’t want to see Burnley winning three in a row, so I agree with a draw being the best result.
    Absolutely, far better for two team to drop two points than for one to pick up maximum.

It doesn't matter how many or few points the bottom club gets. It's being ahead of the team in 18th.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    Yeah has to be a draw that one. I cannot see Southampton going down, so I think it could go down to us and Burnley (and Fulham), so I want to see them both drop points this weekend.

Danny Ward is unlikely to be available tomorrow, according to Warnock in his pre-match press conference, so Paterson and Reid will be our only options up front.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    Danny Ward is unlikely to be available tomorrow, according to Warnock in his pre-match press conference, so Paterson and Reid will be our only options up front.
    Warnock said Rhys Healey would be involved too - presumably on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Warnock said Rhys Healey would be involved too - presumably on the bench.
    Does that mean he will take up a squad place for the rest of the season?

Healey and Paterson to tear the Prem a new one

Etheridge
    Paterson Manga Bamba Bennett
    Arter Gunners Camasara
    NML Murphy
    Reid

We got a bit of pace wide with this lot.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    Etheridge
    Paterson Manga Bamba Bennett
    Arter Gunners Camasara
    NML Murphy
    Reid

We got a bit of pace wide with this lot.
    When was the last time that Paterson played at right back for us?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    When was the last time that Paterson played at right back for us?
    He has played two games for Scotland at right back this year so he can't be that bad surely, after all it is international level.

Quote Originally Posted by pulsy View Post
    He has played two games for Scotland at right back this year so he can't be that bad surely, after all it is international level.
    Warnock doesn’t trust him there ��

Referee: Lee Mason
    Assistants: Stuart Burt, Matthew Wilkes
    Fourth official: Andre Marriner

Saturday 3pm.

As big as it gets?
    Hope Lee Mason's guide dog is fit and available.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Warnock doesn’t trust him there ��
    Give him a run of games, he can't be worse than what we got. Where is Paterson going to play when we get a striker in?
    He deserves a chance after the effort he's put in, surely he ain't going to disappear into the under 23s.

Opta stats

• Cardiff City are unbeaten in their last 10 matches against Huddersfield Town in all competitions (W7 D3).
    • Huddersfield have lost each of their last six visits to Cardiff in all competitions since winning 2-1 in the third tier in September 2001.
    • Since moving to the Cardiff City Stadium in 2009-10, Cardiff have only won more home matches against Bristol City (7) than they have against Huddersfield (5) in all competitions.
    • Huddersfield have had a player sent off in each of their last two league matches against Cardiff - goalkeeper Danny Ward in May 2017 and Jonathan Hogg in August 2018.
    • Huddersfield are winless in their last 13 matches against Welsh opposition in all competitions (W0 D4 L9), failing to score in each of their last four matches.
    • After a run of three consecutive home league wins, Cardiff have lost their last two at the Cardiff City Stadium by an aggregate score of 1-8.
    • Huddersfield have lost their last eight Premier League games, their worst ever run in league football. The last team to lose more consecutively in the top-flight were Aston Villa (11 in a row between February and April 2016).
    • Huddersfield have just 10 points from their 21 Premier League games this season. When converting to three points for a win, none of the 11 teams with 10 or fewer points from 21 top-flight games has avoided relegation.