+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest : McNaughton 1 v Bellamy 1

Latest : McNaughton 1 v Bellamy 1

McNaughton with the goal for McNaughton.

Re: Latest : McNaughton 1 v Bellamy 1

Many there?

I'd say about 4-5000 there in total, but no more than that.
    Shambles to start, Wayne announcing the teams with music blaring in the background. Sub announcements now and again.

Other than that quite a good outing, great to see lots of former players there.

Final score Bellers 5 McNaughts 6

Real trip down memory lane! Really enjoyable afternoon in the sun - can't ask for much more really. I'd estimate 3 - 4k there, which is more than we got for the Fulham cup match...

Great to see the affection for Kev and to see him score again! He's also got a bit of pace still...

a a enjoyable day out much better than being sat in some county pub paying for a " mothers day meal "

not a bad crowd in the end i thought

Not enough programs, sold out

Why didnt they use the Screens to tell us who was going on and off, or even the name next to the shirt number, everyone was puzzled when players came on and no-one knew who they were

Kev has still got pace, Great to see Chops through on goal and put it away, Parry put in a shift ( more than the Ipswich game )

great to see some city greats and a great send-off for Kev

Gavin Rae had more shots today than in his entire Cardiff career and not a single one of them was on target.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Gavin Rae had more shots today than in his entire Cardiff career and not a single one of them was on target.
    Fairly sure Rae wasn't even there mate...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Fairly sure Rae wasn't even there mate...
    which just about goes to prove my point " Why didnt they use the Screens to tell us who was going on and off, or even the name next to the shirt number, everyone was puzzled when players came on and no-one knew who they were "

it was alot like that for a good % of the players

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    which just about goes to prove my point " Why didnt they use the Screens to tell us who was going on and off, or even the name next to the shirt number, everyone was puzzled when players came on and no-one knew who they were "

it was alot like that for a good % of the players
    I've had a bit of a Weston - thought all of those shots were a bit out-of character for Gav😂

thought the fan who played for the blue team wasnt too bad didnt look too much out of shape, controlled the ball a few times, had a few fancy foot moves

a few were chatting about him saying that the bloke must play a decent level parks team

then it was pointed out, its Jon Parkin ( fair play for him turning out though, credit where its due )

2 top 3 k tops , the only stand full was the granstand

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Full of pensioners, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Only 1400 tickets were reportedly sold up to middle of last week so great news even if this figure was reached.
    The guy deserved more but plenty still in Dublin!

Top man Super Kev

Jon Parkin looked great to be fair, really surprised me. Earnie looked like the one of old, oversized kit the lot. McPhail still has a cracking left foot and Hudson seemed like he genuinely misses playing for us.

Overall though it was poorly executed by the club. Could have announced the line up with players on the screen etc. Really basic things were missing and it didn't justify Kev's time for us.

Anyone know the link between Emmanuel Adewole and Kev's game? Never heard of him until today, he played no 7

Anyone know the link between Emmanuel Adewole and Kev's game? Never heard of him until today, he played no 7
    no-one around me knew who he was

a quick google shows that he has never played near Kev ? ? ? so dont know

Possibly a fan?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Possibly a fan?
    Pro footballer according to wiki. Potentially done coaching badges or something with him?

Who was #17? Surely one of the fans? Clumsy tackle to give J-Mo his scoring opportunity.

I noticed the owner of the other forum swiftly deleting any posts that asked if he was attending the game. Then posted as if he was there!. Not that I went.

Man of the match wa Leo Fortune West