+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Welsh youth thread...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blue in the Face

Re: The Welsh youth thread...

Some changes to the squad (posted above) for the last group game. Three winger/strikers are brought into the squad in the form of Jamie Thomas (On loan at Ayr - Burnley stole him off Bolton over the summer), Owain Jones (Swansea) & George Thomas (Coventry). Jordan Evans and Ryan Hedges are out as they are getting games for their clubs and this game is a dead rubber. I expect Declan to start ahead of Evans at left back anyway.

The way Williams talks about Gethin Jones in the above vid, sounds like this will be captain Gethin Jones last appearance for the u21s. This may be the case for some of the other older heads like O'Sullivan and Lockyer too perhaps? I feel this is a good idea as its time to give some other younger faces some experience at this level now. There are other worthy candidates who are now getting regular league football and haven't had a chance for the u21s such as Aaron Collins (On loan at Notts County from Wolves and scoring goals) as well as left footed centre back Cian Harries who is a regular started at Coventry having captained their DVP side.

Aaron Collins seems to be be becoming the Tom Bradshaw of U21s - outscoring all other strikers not deemed good enough obviously. Also for some reason Barrow sub Dom Smith preferred to Cian Harries, a regular this season for Coventry. Get feeling Williams not doing his homework these days - but might be wrong.

I will post a link for today's game if I can find one. Most times there is a link to be found but I'm not sure about today's game.
    Last edited by Blue in the Face; 11-10-16 at 13:01.