+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete meltdown on Saints message board

Re: Complete meltdown on Saints message board

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Thoroughly agree. I wasn't there but it looked great even on the shite stream I had.

Bamba loves the club, and has even talked about how much he loves the city.
    Look at Arter and Ralls, they completely lose it when Zohore scores. It's great to see. It's a consequence of our situation but everyone has bought in this season. We're not very good but those lads will run through brick walls for the club. So proud to be a City fan with that side. They give everything they've got.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Thoroughly agree. I wasn't there but it looked great even on the shite stream I had.

Bamba loves the club, and has even talked about how much he loves the city.
    I wasn't there either, but it looked absolutely awesome on the shite stream that I had to view the match on as well. Glad I wasn't the only one to 'enjoy' a stop/start view of the games proceedings

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    The way Bamba hurtled over the hoardings, like Red Rum at Beechers Brook in the Grand National, to go over and celebrate his goal with the fans, says it all to me. Likewise the way Zahore took his top off and celebrated with us after his goal. I'm pretty sure none of the other teams from Crystal Palace, in the 13th position down to Huddersfield at the bottom, show the same unity we do between fans, players and management. A huge, huge bonus in my eyes, and worth several points throughout the course of the season
    Not sure what I enjoyed most, see Bamba score or seeing him celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Not sure what I enjoyed most, see Bamba score or seeing him celebrate.
    Needs to watch his blood pressure, I thought he was going to explode!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    And his unnecessary bookings. He's on 6 now and we have 12 games to go. He cannot afford another single celebration booking or we will lose him for a key game. (He is scoring too many)
    Sol is averaging a booking every other game since Xmas.

God I like the position we are in. I told my Marrakech caddies we were in the do dos 14 days ago. Now I have real hope again.

I wonder if some Saints players are thinking about their relegation release clauses. They can’t be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I wonder if some Saints players are thinking about their relegation release clauses. They can’t be happy.
    Rumour was, last season Southampton would have been in big trouble because a lot of their players didn't have them in their contracts. They'd finished 8th, 7th, 6th and 8th so they didn't think it was a possibility.

Also, re Bamba the amnesty is the second weekend in April, so he should be OK.

I don't really care if Bamba gets banned for his celebrations. Moments like that are why we've all travelled the length and breadth of England to support City, so if he has to get banned for sharing a few seconds of sheer elation with the fans then so be it.

I need to watch mine as well!

It can be difficult taking the next step, from say 15th up to top 10, that so many clubs seem to lose their way and slowly drift towards relegation having lost everything that made their clubs special. Swansea dismantled the Swansea way over the course of 4/5 managers, Stoke was a raucous place to go but went down very quietly, and now Southampton are another that seems to be a million miles from what made them a good club. It may or not happen this year, and if it doesn't this manager may return them to better days, but they're not in a position to think they're above this any more.

Been on the message boards of the clubs that we’ve beaten this season and they all seem unanimous ‘How did we get beat by the worst team in the division?’ They desperately need to look in the mirror, we’ve won because we were better than them, simple as that. It’s like the bloke who’s banned from 7 pubs, it’s obviously not the landlords’ faults. The 7 wins we’ve got is the fault of those 7 teams, they couldn’t match us, simple as that! Worst team, my arse, look at the table!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    How long before players at Huddersfield, Fulham and Southampton start looking for a way out of their respective clubs to stay with a PL club? Once the rot sets in...
    On the other hand, our players will stick with NW come what may, as has already been shown. Unlike Saints, our fans are 100% behind the team and management. I just hope no-one gets seriously hurt in our goal celebrations.
    I think that man for man none of our players wouldn’t get in their teams. It’s the team ethic that’s keeping us moving forward.

We’ve played a right back up front
    We’ve our best defender is 33
    Our best player is a loan

Just a ridiculous set of circumstances and one I absolutely love

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Been on the message boards of the clubs that we’ve beaten this season and they all seem unanimous ‘How did we get beat by the worst team in the division?’ They desperately need to look in the mirror, we’ve won because we were better than them, simple as that. It’s like the bloke who’s banned from 7 pubs, it’s obviously not the landlords’ faults. The 7 wins we’ve got is the fault of those 7 teams, they couldn’t match us, simple as that! Worst team, my arse, look at the table!!!!

Our players are all brilliant. It’s a team game and that’s the point.
    Niasse seems at home in the team already and we are lucky about that. But again it’s the whole point the others accept him and he accepts going off when needed.
    It makes the fact Emiliano never got to experience our team ethic all the sadder.

We are a tough unit.
    The next 5 games will determine our success or failure and what a position to be in with two home games on the bounce.

Re the earlier comment I also agree Sol was totally entitled to celebrate. They will only stop that happening if they make it an automatic red.
    Expect that soon. They love to spoil football.

The way they have gone downhill from the team that very easily put us to the sword Boxing Day 2013 at home (3-0 defeat, and they were that 3-0 up within 27 mins) is quite shocking. Lalana and Lambert tore u a new one that day. Keeping their best players and investing would have made them move forward. Instead they appear to be doing a Swansea....
    To be fair, I don't think a club like Southampton has much of a chance of keeping their players when teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc come calling.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    To be fair, I don't think a club like Southampton has much of a chance of keeping their players when teams like Liverpool, Man Utd etc come calling.
    This is where the team ethic is a bonus for us, I very much doubt any of the ‘cherry picking’ clubs are looking at any of our individuals. Obviously would love to see a few top class players in a City shirt but that’s for the future, at the moment I prefer the collective.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    And his unnecessary bookings. He's on 6 now and we have 12 games to go. He cannot afford another single celebration booking or we will lose him for a key game. (He is scoring too many)
    Sol is averaging a booking every other game since Xmas.

God I like the position we are in. I told my Marrakech caddies we were in the do dos 14 days ago. Now I have real hope again.
    ..it'll be 2 games

I would not have taken a single player from their side from Saturday & put them in our team. I could not pick a MoM for them, no-one stood out. C'mon Fulham 😀
    Redmond definitely.

Bertrand is good too.

Not over impressed with the rest

I wasn't there either, but it looked absolutely awesome on the shite stream that I had to view the match on as well. Glad I wasn't the only one to 'enjoy' a stop/start view of the games proceedings
    I was about 12 feet away and yeah it was awesome.

Players and fans as one.

As it should be

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I don’t think their rubbish tactics help. Saints like Bournemouth were more interested in keeping the ball than hurting us.. pass, pass, pass and getting nowhere.

Our shape in both games has been excellent.

These sides desperately want to copy Arsenal and Man City, but don’t have the pace or the speed of thought to do it properly.

Ironically their goal came from a flick on from a battering ram from a scuffed set piece.

Better players are all very well, but if they play the game at a snail’s pace and are shot shy like Southampton were then it’s all a waste of money

I was sat in the Southampton posh seats and they were saying "we will hammer this lot" after 10 minutes of the first half

Trouble with Southampton they sold all the family silver for a pocket full of nothing,and their south coast neighbours are out performing them .