+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Stay in the EU petition

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Why did you vote to leave mate?
    I voted to leave, because i don’t believe there is any need for a European Union. It’s just another huge conglomerate that was solely devised, imo, as another “jobs for the boys” set up.
    My decision had nothing to do with any immigration policy, which gets aimed at leave voters regularly.
    We didn’t get the chance to vote on the decision to join the original “common market”, we were just hoodwinked in in the early 70’s with the premise of inner circle trade deals.
    Since then it has slowly grown arms and legs, collecting new member countries who are all up to their eyes in debt, with no foreseeable way of paying any of it off.
    I’m a firm believer that countries should stand on their own 2 feet, and do their best to grow their own economy, and spread the wealth amongst all its citizens. ( a pipe dream really) but that’s how it should be.
    I feel the EU is a corrupt organisation. That fact that it’s proving so difficult to leave, proves that point. If a member country like the UK voted to leave, then it should be a simple process, with no veiled threats and no hidden agendas. No “deals” should be needed.
    That’s just my thoughts and reasons as to why I voted to leave. Many on here will disagree and pick holes in my opinions, but we are all different and all have a different outlook on things.

Re: Stay in the EU petition

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I’m a firm believer that countries should stand on their own 2 feet
    I guess you'd vote for Welsh Independence and removal of the extra taxation Wales gets from the UK and the large chunks of dosh the EU sends our way, then.