+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Vast Collection of Cardiff City Memorabilia for sale at Auction

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Vast Collection of Cardiff City Memorabilia for sale at Auction

Quote Originally Posted by soulsurfer3 View Post
    “Over the years I’ve collected a lot of memorabilia for the Cardiff City archives and I’m looking forward to the move to the new stadium.” I bet he was

THE final days of Ninian Park have certainly brought out a lot of nostalgia for me,” admitted Richard, who become editor of Cardiff’s matchday programme in 1985. I bet it did
    Very easy to take pot-shots in retrospect, but I think you're out of order.

The Walesonline article a few days ago said "It is understood the collection was gathering dust and rescued from the old Ninian Park, when the ground was demolished 11 years ago."

However, I'm certain I viewed the boardroom ledgers in the vendor's house long before that. I believe it's 100% certain that some of these items would have been thrown away and lost forever if he hadn't taken ownership of them when he did, and I'm also 100% certain that he's never received anything even close to the sort of financial benefits from the club that he should have for the countless hours of work he put into it over a period of decades.

Re: Vast Collection of Cardiff City Memorabilia for sale at Auction

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Very easy to take pot-shots in retrospect, but I think you're out of order.

The Walesonline article a few days ago said "It is understood the collection was gathering dust and rescued from the old Ninian Park, when the ground was demolished 11 years ago."

However, I'm certain I viewed the boardroom ledgers in the vendor's house long before that. I believe it's 100% certain that some of these items would have been thrown away and lost forever if he hadn't taken ownership of them when he did, and I'm also 100% certain that he's never received anything even close to the sort of financial benefits from the club that he should have for the countless hours of work he put into it over a period of decades.
    I am not judging the man or taking pot shots for the sake of it. If he has aquired the memorabilia legally and all is above board then best of luck to him, no one can question his interest in the club. It just seems a little odd the club has allowed this situation to arise after Borley and Nash had dealt with it "amicably internally"