+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We've scored the fewest goals in the Championship from open play this season.
    It really is shocking Eric.

We have scored ZERO goals on the break.

Absolutely shocking and shows the lack of pace in the side... how is turnbull gonna help with that?

Re: I enjoyed last season way more than this season

Quote Originally Posted by AfricanBluebird View Post
    It really is shocking Eric.

We have scored ZERO goals on the break.

Absolutely shocking and shows the lack of pace in the side... how is turnbull gonna help with that?
    I'm not sure what to make of Turnbull for the money we spent on him. Hopefully he'll be a good player for us.

We're not going to get many goals on the break because of a lack of pace, but I'm more worried about our build up in open play. It's pedestrian, lacks pace, urgency and there's more movement in a line dance for arthritis sufferers than we have off the ball. Much of that is coaching. When we were last in the Premier League, Ian Wright talked about us on MOTD2 to show how poor our movement was up front and put that down to coaching. Our passing game can work, but it needs to be done a little more quickly, sometimes our players want an extra touch before passing the ball, which slows things down further.