+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: #Equal Play Equal Pay

Re: #Equal Play Equal Pay

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Wales-bales why are you against the prize money for the women's world cup being increased?
    It's simple economics, they don't produce enough revenue to receive parity with the men's game.

Just to reiterrate even though prize money was mentioned after they won the world cup the real issue is the wages paid to both of the US teams:

I'll ask again is this fair?
    Like I said split them into two and let each look after their own interests, and then they can pay them according to revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It's simple economics, they don't produce enough revenue to receive parity with the men's game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue
    The Wall Street Journal reports that from 2016 to 2018, U.S. women's games generated about $50.8 million in revenue, compared with $49.9 million for men's games.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

Fair play, that made me laugh.
    That's how I would run a business, they are separate entities with different long-term objectives.

They don’t want parity on prize money though, they want it to be increased because they’re getting a much smaller cut of the revenue generated.

They want parity on wages because they earn more revenue than the men’s team.

What’s wrong with either of those things?

I'm talking about the $440 million prize money.

They don’t want parity on prize money though, they want it to be increased because they’re getting a much smaller cut of the revenue generated.

They want parity on wages because they earn more revenue than the men’s team.

What’s wrong with either of those things?
    They get a bigger % of the revenue than the men do.

That's how I would run a business, they are separate entities with different long-term objectives.
    Reading this thread you’d struggle to run a bath. You’ve tied yourself in knots furiously arguing against something you’ve got literally no idea about.

Why do you even care so much about this to have such a strong opinion on it?

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Reading this thread you’d struggle to run a bath. You’ve tied yourself in knots furiously arguing against something you’ve got literally no idea about.

Because it's WB. And sadly he's sucked me in.

The solution is simple, if the women aren't happy they should break-away and run their own affairs.

They get a bigger % of the revenue than the men do.
    In terms of prize money they do not. Prize money was only mentioned in passing anyway.

The real issue is the USWNT want parity with the men because they generate more revenue, is that bad?

The solution is simple, if the women aren't happy they should break-away and run their own affairs.
    Why?

Because it's WB. And sadly he's sucked me in.
    I'm not the one who is moaning about wanting more money. You always focus on other people instead of the subject under discussion

Why?
    Because they have different objectives.

I'm not the one who is moaning about wanting more money. You always focus on other people instead of the subject under discussion
    WB, for the love of all things holy, I have explained that the US women generate more money than the men. I have rammed this fact down your throat. You have willfully ignored it to spout other shite. The US women want to be paid the same as the men. If anything, they should be paid more, at least by your logic. Please, just stop.

Why do you not want them to have more money?

Because they have different objectives.
    They both seem to want to play football and make a living from it don’t they?

WB, for the love of all things holy, I have explained that the US women generate more money than the men. I have rammed this fact down your throat. You have willfully ignored it to spout other shite. The US women want to be paid the same as the men. If anything, they should be paid more, at least by your logic. Please, just stop.
    I'm talking primarily about the world cup, so in the long rung the women are better off going it alone. The US is only one country, what about the rest of the players? They should develop the woman's game separately, and not be restricted by FIFA.

They both seem to want to play football and make a living from it don’t they?
    So do models, but the men get paid 75% less.

They should try and close the pay gap then.

What’s their pay got to do with prize money though?

They should try and close the pay gap then.

What’s their pay got to do with prize money though?
    Woman's fashion generates more money, so the female models get paid more. It's simple economics.

The USWNT brings in more revenue than the men's team they should get equal pay.

Do male models bring in as much revenue as female models?

Not sure what that has got to do with prize money though?

Woman's fashion generates more money, so the female models get paid more.
    So you agree the USA women’s team should get equal ( or more!) pay to the men’s team then?

So you agree the USA women’s team should get equal ( or more!) pay to the men’s team then?
    What about the female players in other countries?

What about the female players in other countries?
    Who's talking about them? As long as they're fairly paid and happy that they're fairly paid I don't see a problem.