+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Favourite pubs and clubs when you were young?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Favourite pubs and clubs when you were young?

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yeah sometimes called Radcliffs too, forgot that sweat box, upstairs they used to pump Amal nitrate out through the air con on certain days…some mental nights in there late 88/89
    loved the feeling of it raining downstairs 89 was my fist visit

we must have bumped into each other

was a regular in Tom Tom club for too long
    welsh club wasnt a fav of mine, but 2 of the boys used insist we went as they had GF's who were in there every night
    model inn, occasionally
    metros, for the rave nights
    old Orleans, 2 for 1 cocktail nights were fun and we felt sophisticated

I'll Add the Hippo and Time Flies to that ( but we have chatted about them in the past )
    Downtown was our meeting place, some of the Bus and me of the Train
    Philly for the occasionally night with Students
    Queens Vaults for 2 bottles of K Cider poured in a pint glass, for when you really wanted to hammer it

On a Sunday afternoon, Captains Wife in Sully and Inn at the deep end in Penarth

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    loved the feeling of it raining downstairs 89 was my fist visit

we must have bumped into each other

was a regular in Tom Tom club for too long
    welsh club wasnt a fav of mine, but 2 of the boys used insist we went as they had GF's who were in there every night
    model inn, occasionally
    metros, for the rave nights
    old Orleans, 2 for 1 cocktail nights were fun and we felt sophisticated

I'll Add the Hippo and Time Flies to that ( but we have chatted about them in the past )
    Downtown was our meeting place, some of the Bus and me of the Train
    Philly for the occasionally night with Students
    Queens Vaults for 2 bottles of K Cider poured in a pint glass, for when you really wanted to hammer it

On a Sunday afternoon, Captains Wife in Sully and Inn at the deep end in Penarth
    Great Westerns?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Great Westerns?
    on the corner by the train station ? ? , yes used to occasionally frequent there for the techno nights, but always felt really edgy, with far too many gangs , Ely gang fighting Fairwater who were I turn fighting Gabalfa who had beef with Llanishen who wanted to stab St Melons, never really found it a good night with watching your back the entire time

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    on the corner by the train station ? ? , yes used to occasionally frequent there for the techno nights, but always felt really edgy, with far too many gangs , Ely gang fighting Fairwater who were I turn fighting Gabalfa who had beef with Llanishen who wanted to stab St Melons, never really found it a good night with watching your back the entire time
    Remember a place called Chicagos, only went there once (that was enough) on the corner of Wyndham arcade st Mary street, run by the docks….and full of them.