+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

https://www.premierleague.com/news/863587

Shows how important he is to us and why he’s underrated by so many.

Defensively our best midfielder and one of the best English ones in the league.

Let down by his possession stats, although he does make a lot of key passes and again attack wise our top performer.

I think his possession stats suffer from a lack of options and also that he tries to make things happen quickly. It would look better for him if he took the easy option more often, but that’s not our playing style.

He’s still only 24 and has played 150 games for us.

Re: Interesting article on Joe Ralls here

Interesting.

I wonder what he'd be like with a bit more quality around him.

My record with predictions isn't great, but here's one - whatever happens to City, Joe Ralls won't be playing Championship football next season.

He shows his quality when he's not in the side. Our midfield looked wide open without him last season. I agree with Bob, we'll be very lucky to keep him if we go down.

I like Ralls but I often wonder if I’m watching the same player as some

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I like Ralls but I often wonder if I’m watching the same player as some
    Same here.
    I find Arter and Camarasa both a level above Ralls.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Same here.
    I find Arter and Camarasa both a level above Ralls.
    Agree, his distribution is poor, too many passes go astray and he rarely opens up a defence with a pass. I'd be amazed if he became a premier league regular with anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    My record with predictions isn't great, but here's one - whatever happens to City, Joe Ralls won't be playing Championship football next season.
    He's nowhere near as good as folk make out. Completely one-footed, poor control, no pace, can't shoot, but yes, he does get stuck in...

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    He's nowhere near as good as folk make out. Completely one-footed, poor control, no pace, can't shoot, but yes, he does get stuck in...
    He also has an original surname.

My only regret is that it is not double-barreled.

Ralls-Festercock.... now that's a surnname. sign him up.

They say it's all about opinions, but I just don't understand some expressed in this thread.

They say it's all about opinions, but I just don't understand some expressed in this thread.
    Me too. The stats back him up, every manager backs him up.

People wonder how we got so close to the play offs under Slade.
    That was because 2 totally underrated players were outstanding.

Same 2 were the ones we missed when injured last year.

No prizes for guessing who they were.

Football is played as much without the ball as it is with it.

If Ralls dyed his hair purple then people would see how much he does and he’d be appreciated more.

It’s not like we’ve had anyone better than him in the middle, Ramsey apart, since Kavenagh or maybe Scimeca.

Lots have had either a great engine or have been good passers, but I’m struggling to think of another midfielder who had it all like Ralls does.

And if you are judging him on last week, then get real, Man City can buy whoever they want. They are the best players, with the best manager in th country. Light years away from us.

In every other game this season Ralls has done well.

Don’t believe me ?

Have a look at youscored.com which analyses every players performance.

Ralls was on 7 before Man City which is very very good playing for a struggling side and last season his stats were superb

Without him last year we were poor. When he played alongside Grujik at times we totally dominated, especially when Grijic settled in.

I like Arter and Camerasa, but I’d still pick Ralls before either. I reckon most managers would too.

Warnock alluded to it, Ralls would be in the Prem this season, with or without us

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Agree, his distribution is poor, too many passes go astray and he rarely opens up a defence with a pass. I'd be amazed if he became a premier league regular with anyone else.
    Yet he’s our top player for key passes and a week or so before the top English player in the Prem on the same stat

Better than Mcphail and Whitts? I don’t think so.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Better than Mcphail and Whitts? I don’t think so.
    You wouldn’t, but all you care about is the pretty side. Without the likes of Ralls those 2 wouldn’t get a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    You wouldn’t, but all you care about is the pretty side. Without the likes of Ralls those 2 wouldn’t get a touch.
    Behave

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Agreed.

You can’t squander possession like he does in this division.

Falls into the category of good championship player, not good enough for the PL for me.

His defensive stats are bound to look good seeing as we spend most of our time defending.

Like the last time we were here Marshall had great stats. Didn’t make him the best goalkeeper, just he was the busiest!!

Agreed.

You can’t squander possession like he does in this division.

Falls into the category of good championship player, not good enough for the PL for me.

His defensive stats are bound to look good seeing as we spend most of our time defending.

Like the last time we were here Marshall had great stats. Didn’t make him the best goalkeeper, just he was the busiest!!
    Having seen every minute of every game so far I would agree with the stats that he’s only had 1 poor game and that was Man City.

Who do you pass to when no one wants the ball ??

Having seen every minute of every game so far I would agree with the stats that he’s only had 1 poor game and that was Man City.

Who do you pass to when no one wants the ball ??
    Come on Tim, stop being silly. His squandering possession is down to him not others. It’s not like he’s come up from the championship with great possession stats, he gave the ball away plenty last year too.

It’s the weak part of his game and blaming others saying no one wants the ball is just daft.

His short passing isn’t bad but his mid to long passing isn’t the best.

Come on Tim, stop being silly. His squandering possession is down to him not others. It’s not like he’s come up from the championship with great possession stats, he gave the ball away plenty last year too.

It’s the weak part of his game and blaming others saying no one wants the ball is just daft.

His short passing isn’t bad but his mid to long passing isn’t the best.
    Not saying his passing is good, but you aren’t stupid, you need to have a target for your passes.

Last week he was surrounded by 4 Man City players with absolutely no support from his team mates. He lost the ball. Same happened to Hoillet.

What could they do ?

His passing stats would also be much better if he played loads of aimless passes around with his keeper and back 4. However that’s not our game, he tries to make things happen and like Ramsey( I’ve seen similar criticism of him from Wales fans) it affects his passing stats . Anyone analysing him needs to take this into account

You said yourself you can’t judge on the Man City game. I’m pretty sure his poor passing stats wouldn’t be all down to that 1 game.

Shoe in for one of the top six next season.

Actually I agree with you. More likely to be Divvy 1.

I'm sorry but you watch Arter and he's constantly moving around looking for the ball, when Ralls is up against another decent midfielder he struggles imo. Was that you Tim on twitter telling me he's better than Neves?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I'm sorry but you watch Arter and he's constantly moving around looking for the ball, when Ralls is up against another decent midfielder he struggles imo. Was that you Tim on twitter telling me he's better than Neves?
    No idea.
    As I have no idea who you are 🙂

They aren’t really directly comparable Attacking wise its no contest, but I’m sure Ralls is better defensively and that’s just as important especially for a side like us who have very little of the ball.

Artur was excellent against Newcastle, but hasn’t done a lot since.
    I’d say Ralls has performed better than him in recent weeks although in fairness to Artur he was dealt a crap hand being pushed out wide against ManCity and was ill during the Chelsea game

He does shout a lot mind.

No idea.
    As I have no idea who you are ��

They aren’t really directly comparable Attacking wise its no contest, but I’m sure Ralls is better defensively and that’s just as important especially for a side like us who have very little of the ball.

I’d say Ralls has performed better than him in recent weeks although in fairness to Artur he was dealt a crap hand being pushed out wide against ManCity and was ill during the Chelsea game

I think stats are clouding to many people's judgement of players these days, I like Ralls he has a good engine but that's it I don't think he has any great technical ability or any speed of thought

No idea.
    As I have no idea who you are 🙂

Neves has played defensive midfield plenty of times though? He basically is a deep lying defensive midfielder, have you not watched him?

I mean come on now there’s being biased and there’s being biased. I’m not saying Ralls is a bad player but comparing him to Neves in any aspect of his game is one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen.