+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A question about improving support

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: A question about improving support

I remember Accrington giving a shirt to all kids of a certain age to encourage support, possibly a match ticket as well? Could the club do something similar? A fair chunk of football support comes from a family member/friend dragging someone along, proactively targeting fans could maybe help (especially in a city like Cardiff)

There's also a large student population, could we offer tickets through the students union for instance? Cardiff Uni alone has about 30,000 students. From memory a fair bit of Cardiff Uni's marketing is about how special Cardiff/Wales is, could tie in with that

Re: A question about improving support

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I remember Accrington giving a shirt to all kids of a certain age to encourage support, possibly a match ticket as well? Could the club do something similar? A fair chunk of football support comes from a family member/friend dragging someone along, proactively targeting fans could maybe help (especially in a city like Cardiff)

There's also a large student population, could we offer tickets through the students union for instance? Cardiff Uni alone has about 30,000 students. From memory a fair bit of Cardiff Uni's marketing is about how special Cardiff/Wales is, could tie in with that
    I think there's definitely mileage in the student angle. Offer cheap tickets, run a bus from the student halls to home games.
    Have a couple of attractive young club ambassadors signing people up during freshers week.