+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That tackle

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: That tackle

Some are labelling it "one of the worst tackles ever"

Get a grip, had the referee done his job properly last night Ireland would have already been down to ten by that point

Really unfortunate tackle, but I can't help thinking that some of the blame for the physical nature of the game has to be placed at the door of Roy Keane. He publicly said they were going to need to kick Bale & co to keep them quiet. Whelan should have gone for an elbow, I think the Ref let too much go. No directly attributing this to the Taylor challenge, but it set up the mood of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Really unfortunate tackle, but I can't help thinking that some of the blame for the physical nature of the game has to be placed at the door of Roy Keane. He publicly said they were going to need to kick Bale & co to keep them quiet. Whelan should have gone for an elbow, I think the Ref let too much go. No directly attributing this to the Taylor challenge, but it set up the mood of the game.
    Have to agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Have to agree with this.
    as has been mentioned if the dick of a ref had done his job properly (and that means not favouring the irish) then possibly this accident wouldn`t have happened. 50/50 ball never a sending off , the republic (and some of our lot) have a fking nerve having a go at Taylor after their rough house tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Some are labelling it "one of the worst tackles ever"

Get a grip, had the referee done his job properly last night Ireland would have already been down to ten by that point
    Wouldn't Coleman have had to be in possession of the ball for it be a "tackle"?

Not to be insensitive, but it could be argued that Coleman was just as "reckless" as Taylor. The ball wasn't his to lose, he didn't have to go charging in for it.